Nowadays, there are many recipes online that you can learn about to have meals that not only feed your body and take care of your health, but lift your spirit as well.
Particularly, recipes based on rice can be very helpful in some specific diets, and therefore you should not exclude them from your daily meals. Nonetheless, bear in mind that you must be well aware of which ingredients accompany the rice.
Benefits of not using cow milk in rice pudding
Excluding milk from your diet can be justified for certain reasons, however, in a rice pudding, it may not be the optimal option.
A vegan rice pudding can be a great option to keep you fit. The vast majority of these types of recipes combine rice with a milk substitute, commonly found in many types of puddings. A very well known product is coconut milk, since it provides a rich taste that enhances any recipe. Other ingredients can be rice milk, soy milk, almond milk, or other similar substitutes.
Rice pudding is a simple, creamy, very tasty dessert that could make your mornings at work or your late afternoons at home lighter and sweeter.
To learn more about how to make a delightful rice pudding, visit: https://carolinarice.com/cooking/how-to-make-the-perfect-rice-pudding/, or you may continue reading to see three simple recipes to make at home.
Dairy Free Coconut Rice Pudding
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- 1 cup of long-grain white rice.
- 1/4 cup cane sugar.
- 4 cups of canned coconut milk, whipped.
- In a medium saucepan, start combining the vanilla extract, coconut milk, and sugar, and stir until it mixes uniformly.
- Put the rice and boil over medium heat for 5 minutes. Cook, stirring gently until rice is tender and mixture is slightly thick, but not too much, about 20 minutes.
- Pour into small serving plates. You can choose between eating it hot or place it in the freezer for a few minutes to cool it down quickly.
Healthy rice pudding recipe
- 1/4 cup maple sugar.
- 1/2 cup raisins.
- 1 quart of almond milk or coconut milk (4 cups).
- A pinch of fine sea salt.
- 1/2 cup jasmine rice, rinsed well; and drained.
- Some cinnamon sticks for garnish.
- In a medium saucepan, pour the rice, previously rinsed and drained, with tap water, and then pour enough water into the container to cover the rice in its entirety. Then put the saucepan over medium heat.
- Once the rice has boiled, turn the heat down to medium-low and let the water reduce for 10 minutes. Be careful, don’t let the water evaporate completely.
- Drain any remaining water after 10 minutes and return the rice to the pan.
- Slightly salt the coconut milk and pour over the rice.
- Cook the mix over medium-low heat. Let it simmer for about 25 minutes stirring often to ensure it won’t stick.
- Incorporate the raisins and sugar, and lower the heat. Cook for around 15 more minutes, while stirring frequently, until it is creamy and the liquid has evaporated almost completely.
- You can serve it hot or cold, with ground cinnamon sprinkled on top to give it a nice presentation, and also enhance the flavor.
Nut rice pudding recipe
- 4 cups of almond milk.
- 1 cup short grain rice.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar.
- 3 tbsp soy or 1 tbsp vegan coffee creamer.
- 1 cup chopped soft (or dry) dates.
- 1 tbsp maple syrup.
- 1/2 cup of water.
- 1 cup of walnut.
- Combine the almond milk with 1 tablespoon of vanilla essence into a pot.
- Add the rice and sugar and let it boil. Cook over low heat for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid sticking.
- Meanwhile, take a frying pan and toast the walnuts at taste, then set aside.
- Place the chopped soft dates, water, and maple syrup in a small saucepan over low flame, letting it cook for 20 minutes until the dates and water have thickened and sticky.
- Removed from the heat and with a hand mixer blend to obtain a homogeneous and smooth mixture.
- Next, pour the sugar and cream onto the rice and continue stirring for approximately 20 minutes until the rice pudding thickens and the almond milk is absorbed.
- It’s now ready to be served, and each serving must be topped with date sauce, caramel, and toasted walnuts.