Fly sports are especially exhilarating; after all, it’s every man’s dream to fly. Fly sports enthusiasts enjoy the unique tranquility that different airborne activities offer. All over the world, lots and lots of people are getting hooked on these sports. Here are just some of the most exciting, satisfying, and rewarding fly sports you can try out for yourself:
• Hot Air Ballooning – Hot air ballooning has gained popularity throughout the years. Hot air balloons are thermal airships that travel at high altitudes or long distances, depending on the type of balloon used.
• Hang Gliding – While hang gliding is the most peaceful-sounding fly sport, it is also among the most extreme, attracting many risk takers. Hang gliding is quite similar to Paragliding in that it requires strapping yourself into a glider apparatus and soar off from high areas like a cliff. Wearing a fly suit is recommended to keep your body warm in this often chilly activity.
• Paragliding – Paragliding uses a different apparatus that supports the rider. Paragliders are also strapped to a parachute, which stays deployed until the end of the ride. Depending on the airflow, a ride can cover a number of miles and last several minutes, which is why it is important to bring a reliable navigational system while riding.
• Zip-Lining – Often done in wooded areas and scenic canyons, zip-lining involves riding through a sturdy cable, strung front two points. Riders must wear a harness, which is then attached to the line using a pulley that will send him or her soaring through the air from one end of the zip line to the other.
• Skydiving – If you are an adrenaline junkie, then jumping out of planes might appeal to you. Skydiving can be done solo or in tandem, often done in vast areas. In the US, Arizona is a popular spot for this fly sport.
Go online to get more information on skydiving destinations and the countries where you can travel to, get rid of your fears and live life the big way!