Jacksonville is the largest city in Florida State, located on the banks of St. John's River and bordered by the Atlantic Ocean. With 300 days of long sunshine, a coastline of over 20 mi/32 km long, inter-coastal waterways and the largest urban park system in the country, Jacksonville is a paradise and a top destination for outdoor activities and holidays all year round.
- HOW TO GO
BMX in Gent Skatepark (Kaizerpark), Ghent, Flanders Belgium
Gent is a very vigorous city where various athletes find a safe refugee in order to practice their sports. Especially BMX Freestylers seem to prefer not only the city of Gent but also a simple concrete skate-park, the Gent Skatepark. The specific skate-park is situated in a park, called Keizerpark, so sometimes it is called as Keizerpark itself.
The trees and the green scenery come to equalize the concrete skate-park, bringing the whole aggregation to a harmony. The lovely skate-park consists of a funbox, ledges, banks, flat bar and quarters. The park’s minimalism assist the BMX Freestylers in developing their techniques as there are not too many barriers in the way.
So freestyle, jumps and a bunch of other tricks are at their disposal, just by entering the park. When you exit the park, you will find yourself to a picnic paradise with many bbq’s facilities, spread around and a vast supermarket area nearby to purchase supplies.
Don’t bother to bring your own vehicle if you have any, as the skatepark is near the two main Gent train stations. Gent skate-park is the perfect meeting place for all BMX Freestylers and an ideal weekend destination.
How to Get to Destination
The municipality of Ghent comprises five railway stations:
- Gent-Sint-Pieters Station: an international railway station with connections to Bruges, Brussels, Antwerp, Kortrijk, other Belgian towns and Lille. The station also offers a direct connection to Brussels Airport.
- Gent-Dampoort Station: an intercity railway station with connections to Sint-Niklaas, Antwerp, Kortrijk and Eeklo.
- Gentbrugge Station: a regional railway station in between the two main railway stations, Sint-Pieters and Dampoort.
- Wondelgem Station: a regional railway station with connections to Eeklo once an hour.
- Drongen Station: a regional railway station in the village of Drongen with only a limited number of trains a day.
If you are interested in trying out this amazing sport in this spot press the request button so as to give you more information and prices.