- HOW TO GO
Skydiving in Vliegveld Moorsele, Ghent, Flanders Belgium
Ghent is a gorgeous city, full of majestic Middle Age buildings. The city’s architecture is indescribable and the best way to admire the beauty of Ghent is from above. The sport to support this is skydiving and the best place to skydive is in Moorsele. Vliegvelt Moorsele is a lovely airfield with a big number of jumps to demonstrate.
The best way to get familiar with this sport, if you are not already, is to contact a local skydiving school where you will have your first tandem jump with a qualified instructor who will accompany you at your first attempt of flying. There are many different possibilities to enjoy skydiving and you have the opportunity to choose the ideal operator, according to your level of experience and readiness of course.
Once you take the decision and after you arrive at Vliegvelt Moorsele, you will receive a mandatory short briefing and then you will put on your equipment with the help of your instructor of course. Then follows the endless flight where you are eagerly waiting to fly like an eagle to the velvet blue sky, feeling the air covering your body while you make your 45 seconds free fall from a 4000 m /13000 ft altitude.
When free-falling, you will reach crazy velocities while facing mother earth coming closer every second. At about 1500 – 1000 m / 4921 – 3280 ft above the ground, your tandem master will trigger the gigantic canopy and land both of you safely at the landing point. There are no hazards mentioned regarding the landing zone. Have a nice flight and enjoy the jump of a lifetime.
How to Get to Destination
The municipality of Ghent comprises five railway stations:
- Gent-Sint-Pieters Station: an international railway station with connections to Bruges, Brussels, Antwerp, Kortrijk, other Belgian towns and Lille. The station also offers a direct connection to Brussels Airport.
- Gent-Dampoort Station: an intercity railway station with connections to Sint-Niklaas, Antwerp, Kortrijk and Eeklo.
- Gentbrugge Station: a regional railway station in between the two main railway stations, Sint-Pieters and Dampoort.
- Wondelgem Station: a regional railway station with connections to Eeklo once an hour.
- Drongen Station: a regional railway station in the village of Drongen with only a limited number of trains a day.
If you are interested in trying out this amazing sport in this spot press the request button so as to give you more information and prices.