Graz is the capital of the federal state of Styria (Steiermark) and the second largest city after Vienna. The old town, declared as UNESCO World Heritage since 1999, is one of the best preserved town in Central Europe. Graz is situated in the southeast of Austria on the Mur River, at about 200 km / 120 mi in the southwest of Vienna. However, Graz has a big sporting activity.
- HOW TO GO
Skate Boarding in Gent Skatepark (Kaizerpark), Ghent, Flanders Belgium
However, Ghent is very a active spot, attracting various athletes to enjoy themselves by practicing their favorite sport. One sport that is very popular in Ghent and in entire Belgium is Skate Boarding. In Ghent, the perfect place to perform it, is in Gent Skatepark.
The park might be known as Keizerpark since it is located in the park, called the Keizerpark. Although it is all concrete made, it manages to fit into nature as it is in the Keizerpark, surrounded by trees and grass. The skate-park is an easy accessed skate spot, near to both train stations in Gent.
It is a park with a simple design, including quarters, banks, flat bar, ledges and a funbox. Due to the simplicity of the park, it makes it suitable for many freestyle tricks and jumps as there are not too many obstacles interfering. The skatepark is a great destination especially in sunny days where you can spend the whole day in the park skateboarding and when you get tired, just get to one of the many barbeques and grab a bite to regain strength.
Near the park, a huge supermarket is located from where you can purchase everything you might need for your barbeque. Combining all these together, you can enjoy a nice active day with your friends.
How to Get to Destination
The municipality of Ghent comprises five railway stations:
- Gent-Sint-Pieters Station: an international railway station with connections to Bruges, Brussels, Antwerp, Kortrijk, other Belgian towns and Lille. The station also offers a direct connection to Brussels Airport.
- Gent-Dampoort Station: an intercity railway station with connections to Sint-Niklaas, Antwerp, Kortrijk and Eeklo.
- Gentbrugge Station: a regional railway station in between the two main railway stations, Sint-Pieters and Dampoort.
- Wondelgem Station: a regional railway station with connections to Eeklo once an hour.
- Drongen Station: a regional railway station in the village of Drongen with only a limited number of trains a day.
If you are interested in trying out this amazing sport in this spot press the request button so as to give you more information and prices.