Mountain Biking in Alsopp Park, Little Rock,
Climb // Descend:
+800ft (243.84m) // -800ft (243.84m)
Arkansas’ biggest city and capital, Little Rock is an extraordinary combination of entertainment and history. Visitors can pay a visit to the Central High Museum, Children’s Museum and Discovery Museum. They can also savor meals in awesome restaurants with flavors from practically all over the world, keeping money in their pockets, as it is one of the most affordable cities in America. Little Rock offers many recreational activities in its parks, rivers and mountains.
Alsopp Park is in Little Rock Arkansas and features a technical and harsh 5 mi/8.05 km trail. It consists of short, sharp climbs and descents that make it an intermediate trail. It splits into two zones, the east and west zone, separated by a residential area. The central trail starts near the park entrance and ascends to edge the residential area.
There are many sub-trails moving down the central trail, approaching the east zone. Several ”loops” can be conjoined in different ways to make the ride as long as one wishes. There are also lots of rocky areas and many twisty downhills and you have to be aware of unleashed dogs and walkers. The trail on the side of Arkansas river and all the way to the river mountain park is enjoyable and very picturesque.
So, if you want to experience the best mountain biking, Alsopp Park is definitely worth a visit!!!
How to Get to Destination
FROM North Little Rock, AR
4.4 mi / 7.08 km, 9 mins
1. Head south on N Main St toward W 16th St.
2. Turn right in W Broadway St.
3. Turn left at AR-365 S / U.S.-67 S / U.S. 70B-W.
4. Exit to the AR-on the 10th W / La Harpe Blvd. Continue to follow the AR-10 W.
5. Turn left at Cedar Hill Rd.
6. Take the 2nd turn right into Park Dr.
7. Take the 1st right turn at Allsopp Park Rd.
FROM Maumelle, AR
14.3 mi / 23.01 km, 23 mins
1. Head west on Windwood Ln to Edgewood Dr.
2. Turn right in Edgewood Dr.
3. Turn right in AR-100 E / Maumelle Blvd.
4. Slight left at Crystal Hill Rd.
5. Take the exit toward I-430 S.
6. Take exit 9 to enter the AR-ten E / Cantrell Rd.
7. Turn right in Cedar Hill Rd.
8. Take the 2nd turn right into Park Dr.
9. Take the 1st right turn at Allsopp Park Rd.
FROM Benton, AR
28.2 mi / 45.38 km, 30 mins
1. Head north on N Main St toward E Conway St.
2. Turn left to stay on N Main St.
3. Turn left at W NarroWay St.
4. Take the 1st right turn at N Market St.
5. Take the 1st left turn at W Carpenter St.
6. Take the 1st right turn into I-30 Frontage Rd / Rte 5 N / State five N.
7. Take the exit on the left toward I-30 E.
8. Take exit 141A for AR-10 with Cantrell Rd.
9. Slight right to the 10th AR-W / S Cumberland St. Continue to follow the AR-10 W.
10. Turn left at Cedar Hill Rd.
11. Take the 2nd turn right into Park Dr.
12. Take the 1st right turn at Allsopp Park Rd.
Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport/Adams Field,
9.7 mi / 15.61 km
Memorial Field Airport,
60.8 mi / 97.84 km.
The Station Building (with waiting room) is located in 1400 West Markham Street, Little Rock. From there you can use the local shuttle or one of the many cab companies.
If you are interested in trying out this amazing sport in this spot press the request button so as to give you more information and prices.