Scuba Diving in Carpenter’s Hole, Antigua,
Antigua & Barbuda
Antigua is an island in the Eastern Caribbean, that is located in the middle of the Leeward Islands. Antigua is a favorite destination for divers because it provides with excellent conditions for diving, combined with a large number of dive spots. Carpenter's Hall is a very interesting dive spot.
Carpenter’s Hole, also known as Carpenter’s Rock, is situated on the south of Antigua, in Windward Bay region. A dive site suitable to experienced as well as to beginners. Many dive schools are available to share their knowledge for safe scuba diving.
The average depth is at 13.7 m/45 ft and the maximum depth is at 24.4 m/80 ft. The crystal blue waters of Antigua and the rich marine life provide a memorable experience. A large variety of soft corals and sponges are found here along a series of ridges and valleys. Underwater visibility is not very good and it ranges from 5 m/16 ft to 10 m/32 ft. The water temperature averages about 25°C/77°F.
The best period to arrange a dive at Carpenter’s Hole is from the middle of December to the middle of May. The period from June 1st to November 30th is known as hurricane season. However, it is more likely for Antigua to be influenced by the outer bands of hurricane. Strong winds and heavy rainfall are rare in this place.
How to Get to Destination
FROM St. John's
Antigua and Barbuda
1. Head southeast on Perry Bay Main Rd to Valley Rd
2. Continue to Sir Vivian Richards St
3. Turn right onto All Saints Rd
Go through 1 roundabout
4. Turn right at the Jonas Rd
5. Slight left at Fig Tree Dr
6. Turn right at the Dockyard Drive
7. Take the 1st right to stay on Dockyard Drive
8. Take the 1st right
9. Sharp right
FROM V.C. Bird International Airport
V C Bird International Airport
Osbourn, Antigua and Barbuda
1. Head southwest on Burma Rd
2. Turn left towards St Georges Dr
3. Slight right toward St Georges Dr
4. turn left
5. Take the second right towards Sir Sydney Walling Hwy
6. Turn left into Sir Sydney Walling Hwy
7. Turn right at the Jonas Rd
8. Slight left at Fig Tree Dr
9. Turn right at the Dockyard Drive
10. Take the 1st right to stay on Dockyard Drive
11. Take the 1st right
12. Sharp right
V.C. Bird International Airport,
If you are interested in trying out this amazing sport in this spot press the request button so as to give you more information and prices.