Paintball in Michigan Tech Paintball Club, Houghton,
Beginners to Advanced
Hours of operation :
Saturday 11AM-6PM, Sunday 12PM-5PM
Houghton is the largest city of Copper County. It is also in the list of the “100 Best Small Towns in America”. Houghton is surrounded on the east by Portage Township and Pilgrim, on the south by Hurontown and Isle Royale Location and on the west by Dakota Heights. The area is ideal for varied winter as well as summer sports, such as ice hockey, snowmobiling, hiking, sea kayaking, sailing, mountain biking etc.
Do you like running around wearing camo and shutting paint? Then you must definitely be a paintballer. Though it is one of the safest sports -in fact it is considered to be safer than golf and bowling according to insurance companies- paintball can make your adrenaline levels run really high. Whether you want to play with your team mates or you are looking for new friends to start paintball, the Paintball Club at Michigan Tech University Field is the right place for you.
Being the oldest, collegiate, non-profit organization in Michigan, the Paintball Club at MTU aims to provide the least expensive paintball experience not only to its students, but to community members and paintball lovers in general. You can bring your own equipment or use one of the many sets of equipment that Paintball Club offers.
As for the cost? Anyone is allowed to play in public tournaments, but members enjoy the benefits of discounts on paint, they can order their equipment at amazing prices through the wholesale discount accounts of Paintball Club, get free CO2 fills and play in the NCPA tournaments. If you visit Houghton, take the time to stop by for an open play.
How to Get to Destination
FROM Marquette, Michigan
158 km / 98 mi, 1 hour 51 mins
Follow the US 41 N.
1. Head west on W Michigan St toward N 4th St.
2. Take the first turning left onto N 4th St.
3. Take the 3rd right turn at W Washington St.
4. Turn right at (n) -M on the 28th W / U.S. 41 N. Continue to follow the US 41 N.
5. Turn left into the (n) Denton Rd.
6. Turn right onto (v) Co. Rd P-102 / Paradise Rd.
7. Slight right to Pilgrim Rd.
FROM Land O' Lakes, Wisconsin
139 km / 86.2 mi, 1 hour 39 mins
Follow the US-45 N and M-26 N.
1. Head north on Pine St to County Road B.
2. Right turn onto (v) County Road B.
3. Left turn into (v) State Hwy 32 N / U.S. 45-N / WI-32 N. Continue to follow the US-45 N. Enter Michigan.
4. Turn right at (n) M-N on the 26th.
5. Turn right at (n) on the 26th M-N / M-38 E. Continue to follow the M-26 N.
6. Turn right at (n) W Sharon Ave.
7. Turn right onto (v) Co. Rd P-651 / Main St / Superior Rd.
8. Turn left into (v) Co. Rd P-102 / Paradise Rd.
9. Take the first turning left into Superior Rd.
10. Take the first turning right into Pilgrim Rd.
FROM Escanaba, Michigan
254 km / 158 mi, 2 hours 55 mins
Follow the M-69 W and US 41 N.
1. Head east on S 12th St.
2. Take the first turning left onto S 12th St.
3. Take the 1st left turn in Ludington St.
4. Proceed to U.S. on the 2nd-W / U.S. 41 S.
5. Right turn at (n) M-69 W / Old U.S. 41. Continue to follow the M-69 W.
6. Right turn right at (n) M-69 W / M-95 N.
7. Turn left into the (n) M-69 W.
8. Right turn at (n) N 4th St.
9. Take the first turning left into Crystal Ave.
10. Proceed to U.S. 141-N / U.S.-W on the 2nd.
11. Right turn onto (V) U.S. 141-N
12. Right turn at (n) -M on the 28th E / U.S. 141-N.
13. Turn left into the (N) U.S. 41 N.
14. Left turn at (n) Denton Rd.
15. Right turn onto (v) Co. Rd P-102 / Paradise Rd.
16. Slight right to Pilgrim Rd.
Houghton County Memorial Airport,
11.27km / 7 mi
Sawyer International Airport,
175km / 109 mi.
There is no train serving this spot.
If you are interested in trying out this amazing sport in this spot press the request button so as to give you more information and prices.