BMX in Traverse City Skate Park, Traverse City,
Traverse City is the county seat of Grand Traverse County and is located at the south end of Grand Traverse Bay, which is actually a 32 mi / 51 km long, 10 mi / 16 km wide and up to 620 ft / 190 m deep in spots bay of Lake Michigan. Combining varied natural attractions for adventure and/or relaxation, Traverse City is a four-season travel destination.
Do you want to show off your air tricks or improve your bunnyhops? The Traverse City Skate Park is the right place for you. You may think that the park is for skaters only, but the 25000 ft²/2322.6 m² are plenty for skaters and bikers as well. Whether you choose a box or a jump, you will be completely satisfied – well unless you do a dead sailor.
Constructed in 2001, the Traverse City skate park is located within the Civic Center Park. Completely made of concrete, this outdoor park opens when the snow melts and closes when the first snowflakes arrive (approximately November 15th). It’s suitable for bikers of all ages and abilities and attracts hundreds of visitors daily. If you visit Traverse City and are a BMX enthusiast, you should definitely experience the fun and excitement this park offers.
How to Get to Destination
FROM Cadillac, Michigan
73.06km/45.4mi, 56 mins
Follow the US-131 N and Garfield.
1. Head northeast on W Pine St toward N Mitchell St.
2. Take the first turn left onto U.S. 131-BUS N / N Mitchell St.
3. Turn right at (n) -U.S. 131 BUS N / 34 Rd / E Boon Rd.
Continue to follow the 34 Rd / E Boon Rd.
4. Turn left to merge on US-131 N.
5. Turn left into the (n) M-113 W.
6. Turn right at (n) Clark Rd.
7. Carry straight to Voice Rd.
8. Turn right onto (v) Co. Rd 611 / Garfield Rd. Continue to follow the Garfield Rd.
9. Turn right at (n) W Civic Center Dr.
FROM Big Rapids, Michigan
139.85km/86.9mi, 1 hour 29 mins
Follow the US-131 N.
1. Head north on U.S. 131-Business / Northland Dr. to Maple St.
2. Turn left at (n) -U.S. 131 Business / the 19th Mile Rd.
3. Turn right to enter (n) U.S. N-131 to Cadillac.
4. Turn left into the (n) M-113 W.
5. Turn right at (n) Clark Rd.
6. Carry straight to Voice Rd.
7. Turn right onto (v) Co. Rd 611 / Garfield Rd. Continue to follow the Garfield Rd.
8. Turn right at (n) W Civic Center Dr.
Your destination will be on your left.
FROM Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
642.12km/399mi, 7 hours 16 mins
Follow the US-2 E.
1. Head southwest on Michigan St toward S 2nd Ave.
2. Proceed to N Madison Ave.
3. Continue to Green Bay Rd / Ice Age National Scenic Trail.
Continue to follow the Green Bay Rd.
4. Exit toward WI-42 S / WI-57 S / Green Bay Rd. Continue to follow the WI-57 S.
5. Turn right at (n) Main St.
6. Proceed to Dousman St.
7. Turn right at (n) N Broadway.
8. Turn left into the (n) Mather St.
9. Slight right to Velp Ave.
10. Turn right onto (v) Dr. Atkinson.
11. Turn left to merge on I-43 N.
12. Take exit 192A to enter the U.S. 141-N / U.S. 41 N to Marinette / Iron Mountain. Continue to follow the US 41 N. Entering Michigan.
13. Turn right at (n) 10th Ave.
14. Turn left into the (N) 10th St.
15. Turn right at (n) M-35 N / N Shore Dr. Continue to follow the M-35 N.
16. Continue to US-2 E.
17. Merge onto I-75 S via the ramp route to Mackinac Bridge. With controlled toll road.
18. Take exit 336 to enter the U.S. on the 31st-S / U.S. Highway 31 S toward Petoskey / Charlevoix.
19. Turn right to stay on (N) U.S. 31-S / S on the 31st U.S. Highway.
20. Slight left at (n) E 8th St.
21. Turn right at (n) S Civic Center Dr.
Your destination will be on your right.
Cherry Capital Airport (Domestic),
4 miles (6,4km)
There is no train station serving this spot.
If you are interested in trying out this amazing sport in this spot press the request button so as to give you more information and prices.