Skate Boarding in Traverse City Skate Park, Traverse City,
Traverse City is the county seat of Grand Traverse County and is located at the south end of Grand Traverse Bay, which is actually a 32 mi / 51 km long, 10 mi / 16 km wide and up to 620 ft / 190 m deep in spots bay of Lake Michigan. Combining varied natural attractions for adventure and/or relaxation, Traverse City is a four-season travel destination.
Whether you want to perform an ollie, a nollie, a fakie or some good ol’ mid-air maneuvers, it’s better to perform them in a skate park than on the streets. While in Traverse City, the best place for you skaters is the Traverse City Skate Park. Kids of all ages have the opportunity to regular foot or goofy foot (whichever suits them) across the 25000 ft²/2322.6 m² skate park.
Constructed in 2001, the Traverse City skate park is located within the Civic Center Park. Completely made of concrete, this outdoor park opens when the snow melts and closes when the first snowflakes arrive (approximately November 15th). It’s suitable for skaters of all ages and abilities and it attracts hundreds of visitors daily. With no fee charged, you will be able to skate for hours and practice on those kickflips.
How to Get to Destination
FROM Cadillac, Michigan
73.06km/45.4mi, 56 mins
Follow the US-131 N and Garfield.
1. Head northeast on W Pine St toward N Mitchell St.
2. Take the first turn left onto U.S. 131-BUS N / N Mitchell St.
3. Turn right at (n) -U.S. 131 BUS N / 34 Rd / E Boon Rd.
Continue to follow the 34 Rd / E Boon Rd.
4. Turn left to merge on US-131 N.
5. Turn left into the (n) M-113 W.
6. Turn right at (n) Clark Rd.
7. Carry straight to Voice Rd.
8. Turn right onto (v) Co. Rd 611 / Garfield Rd. Continue to follow the Garfield Rd.
9. Turn right at (n) W Civic Center Dr.
FROM Big Rapids, Michigan
139.85km/86.9mi, 1 hour 29 mins
Follow the US-131 N.
1. Head north on U.S. 131-Business / Northland Dr. to Maple St.
2. Turn left at (n) -U.S. 131 Business / the 19th Mile Rd.
3. Turn right to enter (n) U.S. N-131 to Cadillac.
4. Turn left into the (n) M-113 W.
5. Turn right at (n) Clark Rd.
6. Carry straight to Voice Rd.
7. Turn right onto (v) Co. Rd 611 / Garfield Rd. Continue to follow the Garfield Rd.
8. Turn right at (n) W Civic Center Dr.
Your destination will be on your left.
FROM Marinette, Wisconsin
484.41km/301mi, 5 hours 35 mins
Follow the US-2 E and US-31 S / US HIghway 31 S.
1. Head northeast on Hall Ave in Ludington St.
2. Proceed to U.S. 41 N / Bridge St. Entering Michigan.
3. Turn right onto (N) 10th Ave.
4. Turn left into the (N) 10th St.
5. Turn right at (n) M-35 N / N Shore Dr. Continue to follow the M-35 N.
6. Continue to US-2 E.
7. Merge onto I-75 S via the ramp route to Mackinac Bridge. With controlled toll road.
8. Take exit 336 to enter the U.S.-31 S / U.S. Highway thirty-one S to Petoskey / Charlevoix.
9. Turn right to stay on (n) -U.S. 31 S / U.S. Highway thirty-one S.
10. Slight left at (n) E 8th St.
11. Turn right at (n) S Civic Center Dr.
Cherry Capital Airport (Domestic),
4 miles (6,4km)
There is no train station serving this spot.
If you are interested in trying out this amazing sport in this spot press the request button so as to give you more information and prices.