Scuba Diving in Airport Wall, Sosua,
Average Water Temperature:
Wall, Reef, Deep
Hispaniola Island is standing in the northern Caribbean Sea. It is situated south-east of Cuba and west of Puerto Rico. Hispaniola is divided into 2 nations, as Saint Martin too. Dominican Republic is located on the eastern side of the island and Haiti lies on the western side of Hispaniola. Santo Domingo is the capital of Dominican Republic.
Dominican Republic is a popular destination for divers from all over the world. More than 50 dive sites are dispersed along the coast of this country. Even if you are not a dive lover, you will be seduced by the enthusiasm of those who have already tried diving and you will certainly desire to experience the feeling. Well, Airport Wall is an interesting scuba diving site for all levels of divers.
This dive spot is located in the north-western Sosua, in the province of Puerto Plata. It is actually a reef that follows the coastline in front of the airport of Puerto Plata. The average depth of the site is 18 m/59.1 ft, while its maximum depth is 36 m/118.1 ft. Divers have the chance to swim through little caverns and tunnels, meet many kinds of corals and of course an array of marine life, like barracudas, eagle rays and reef sharks.
Generally the underwater visibility ranges from 10 m/32.8 ft to 30 m/98.4 ft. The visibility depends on the weather conditions. Moreover this dive spot is exposed to currents, as it stands in the open ocean. Furthermore the average temperature of the water is 28°C/82.4°F.
If you visit Dominican Republic, don’t miss this amazing opportunity. It will be a wonderful experience that you’ll definitely wanna live again!
How to Get to Destination
FROM Gregorio Luperon International Airport Puerto Plata
7km/4.3miles, 11 minutes
Gregorio Luperon International Airport
1. Head west
2. Sharp left
3. Take the first left turn
the route of Route 5
4. Turn right
the route of Route 5
5. Turn left into the Lane 5
Go through Aferme Gas, Sosua (on the right in 2.5 km)
6. Turn left (the route Luperon)
7. Turn left into the Luperon
8. Continue to El Tablon
FROM Cibao International Airport
76.4km/47.5miles, 1 hour 16 mins
Cibao International Airport
Av. Victor Manuel Espaillat
51081 Santiago, Dominican Republic
1. Head southwest
2. Exit the roundabout
3. Turn right to the street Avenida Victor Manuel Espaillat
4. Turn left at Carretera Puñal Adentro
5. Slight right to Avenida Victor Manuel Espaillat. Go through the Adventure Rent A Car (On your right 1.3 km away)
6. Keep right at the fork to continue towards Autopista Duarte
7. Slight right to Autopista Duarte. Go through the Estación de Gasolina Shell Las Palomas (On your right at 5.2 miles)
9. Slight left to the street Av Salvador Estrella Sadhalá
10. Take the exit to Av Salvador Estrella Sadhalá
11. Turn right onto Av Salvador Estrella Sadhalá. Go through the Caribbean Cinemas Hollywood 7 (On your right)
12. Turn right onto (v) Av Gregorio Luperón
13. Continue along Avenida Gregorio Luperón. Go through the Iglesia Santísima Trinidad
(On your right at 5.9 miles)
14. Continue along Ruta Panoramica Santiago - Puerto Plata
15. The Ruta Panoramica Santiago - Puerto Plata turns slightly right and becomes Carretera Turistica Gregorio Luperon. Go through Yasika Zipline Center (On your right at 18.2 miles)
16. Slight left at Ruta Panoramica Santiago - Puerto Plata. Go through Tubagua Plantation Eco Lodge
(On your left at 8.0 miles)
17. Sharp right to Lane 5
Pass by Shell SS230 Cañaveral (On the right in 2.8 km)
18. Turn left the route Luperon
19. Turn left into the Luperon
20. Continue to El Tablon
Gregorio Luperon International Airport Puerto Plata,
Cibao International Airport,
No train services available on this spot.
If you are interested in trying out this amazing sport in this spot press the request button so as to give you more information and prices.