Motocross in Highway 89 Raceway, Sherwood,
Type of area:
12 mi / 19.31 km
350 ft / 106.68 m - 400 ft / 121.92 m
Urban / Man-made
North Little Rock known as "opposite Little Rock" until the civil war and ''Argenta'' from January 1906 to October 1917, is located across the picturesque Arkansas River in Pulaski County, Arkansas. The state’s 6th largest city includes among others beautiful lakes, magnificent parks, walking and bicycling trails, recreational and entertainment facilities.
Located in central Arkansas in close proximity to North Little Rock, Sherwood is a wonderful place to visit! Rated by the Wall Street Journal as one of the ten best cities in the States, it offers many recreational opportunities year-round; the spring and summer sports leagues for all ages, golf, parks, fishing and swimming, lakes, dining, picturesque landscapes and of course one of the best places for motocross!
The main attraction in Highway 89 Raceway is the 12 mi / 19.31 km of motocross trails, with thrilling small and large jumps, doubles, rhythm sections and plurality of perfectly designed berms. The 2 Motocross tracks offer you almost any terrain imaginable. Though it mostly consists of loose dirt, you also find some mud, little rocks and little hard pack.
Highway 89 Raceway is the best place to practice your favorite sport, whether you’re new to motocross or have years of experience. Being the host to several big regional motocross races every year, Highway 89 Raceway deserves a visit, even if you are not a rider. If you are looking for off road fun and MX track time for practice, just pay a visit and also try out the arena cross track and freestyle park. And remember “As long as the sun is up, Highway 89 Raceway is open”!!!
How to Get to Destination
FROM Jacksonville, AR
15.2 mi / 24.6 km, 24 mins
1. Head northeast on N 1st St toward W Hickory St.
2. Slight left at Vandenberg Blvd.
3. Turn right in John Harden Dr.
4. Proceed to N 1st St .
5. Turn left at Co. Rd 70 / E Maddox Rd.
6. Turn right in McKenzie Rd.
7. McKenzie Rd turns slightly left and becomes Co. Rd 70 / W Republican Rd.
8. Co. Rd 70 / W Republican Rd turns slightly right and becomes AR-89 W / Jacksonville Conway Rd.
9. Turn left at AR-89 W.
Your destination will be on your right.
FROM Maumelle, AR
18.4 mi / 29.61 km, 23 mins
1. Head west on Windwood Ln to Edgewood Dr.
2. Turn right in Edgewood Dr.
3. Proceed to AR-100 W / Maumelle Blvd.
4. Proceed to AR-365 S.
5. Turn left to merge on I-40 W.
6. Take exit 135 for AR-89 to AR-365 / Mayflower.
7. Turn right in AR-89 E.
FROM Little Rock, AR
30.8 mi / 49.57 km, 35 mins
1. Head north on State Capitol to Capitol Mall.
2. Take the 1st right turn at Capitol Mall.
3. Take the 1st left turn at State Capitol.
4. Take the 1st right turn at W 3rd St.
5. Turn left at Cumberland St.
6. Take the exit toward I-30 E.
7. Proceed to U.S. 65-N (signs for Interstate 40 W).
8. Merge onto I-40 W / U.S. 65-N.
9. Take exit 135 for AR-89 to AR-365 / Mayflower.
10. Turn right in AR-89 E.
Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport/Adams Field,
34.8 mi / 56 km
Memorial Field Airport,
79.9 mi / 128.58 km.
The Station Building (with waiting room) is located in 1400 West Markham Street, Little Rock. From there you can use the local shuttle to get to Sherwood.
If you are interested in trying out this amazing sport in this spot press the request button so as to give you more information and prices.