• OVERVIEW
  • HOW TO GO
  • SCHOOLS
  • GALLERY

Skiing in Spicy Run Mountain, Peebles, Ohio USA

Total runs:
9
Total lifts:
4
Vertical drop:
600 ft/182.8 m
Peebles is a village that belongs in Adams County, Ohio, USA. It is situated in the southern Ohio and the nearest big city is Cincinnati, about an hour west.

In Peebles lies one awesome little ski area, Spicy Run Mountain Ski Area. It is a 40 ac/0.16 km² skiable area, having all runs, easy and tough, mixed together to perfection.

These runs are served by 4 lifts that are skillfully maintained by friendly folks. The average snowfall in this area is lighter than average and is 3 ft/ 0.9 m. Experts and advanced skiers are mostly welcomed to these runs, as trails made for them cover 70% of the skiable area. The rest 30% is separated, 20% for intermediate skiers and 10% for novices.

If you are a novice, think again before you try skiing on these runs. It is better to practice somewhere else and when you are ready, slide down the most sizable vertical drop of 600 ft/182.8 m among ski resorts in a radius of 164 mi/264 km. So, come again!! The slopes can sometimes turn freaky, but if you are addicted to thrills, there is no problem!

Skiing in Spicy Run Mountain Ski Area is full of fun through the snow season. It is an all time exciting spot that contains lots of experts and advanced trails. It is also a relaxed site, where you can enjoy skiing every time you get there.

How to Get to Destination

BY CAR FROM Toledo
222 miles/357.3 km, 3 hours 53 minutes
Head west on W Bancroft St toward Parkwood Ave. Turn left onto Lawrence Ave. Keep right to stay on Lawrence Ave. Turn left onto W Woodruff Ave. Turn right onto the Interstate 75 S ramp to Dayton. Merge onto I-75 S. Keep left to stay on I-75 S. Take exit 156 to merge onto OH-15 E/US-68 S toward US-23/Kenton/Columbus. Continue straight onto OH-15 E. Continue onto US-23 S. Slight left to stay on US-23 S (signs for Columbus). Merge onto I-270 W via the ramp to Indianapolis. Take exit 22 to merge onto OH-315 S toward Columbus. Keep left at the fork, follow signs for Interstate 71 S/Cincinnati and merge onto I-71 S. Take exit 101 to merge onto I-270 E toward Wheeling. Take exit 52 to merge onto US-23 S/S High St toward Circleville. Continue to follow US-23 S. Take the ramp onto US-35 E. Slight right onto US-23 S (signs for Waverly/US 50 W/Portsmouth). Slight right onto OH-104 S/Lake White Rd. Continue to follow OH-104 S. Turn right onto OH-32 W/Ohio 124 W/James A. Rhodes Appalachian Hwy. Continue to follow OH-32 W/James A. Rhodes Appalachian Hwy. Turn right onto Township Rd 338/Gleason Rd. Sharp left onto Co Rd 1/Beavers Ridge Rd. Continue onto Township Rd 234/Woods Rd. Destination will be on the left.
BY CAR FROM Cincinnati
87.1 miles/140.1 km, 1 hour 41 minutes
Head south on Walnut St toward E 6th St. Turn left onto E 5th St. Take the Interstate 471 S ramp on the left to Newport Ky. Merge onto I-471 S (Entering Kentucky). Merge onto I-275 E (Entering Ohio). Take exit 63B to merge onto OH-32 E/James A. Rhodes Appalachian Hwy toward Batavia. Turn left onto Co Rd 87/Goff Rd. Turn left onto Co Rd 23/Chenoweth Fork Rd. Turn right onto Township Rd 302/White Oak Hill Rd. Turn right onto Co Rd 1/Beavers Ridge Rd. Turn left onto Township Rd 234/Woods Rd. Destination will be on the left.
BY AIR
Greater Cincinnati Airport,
95.1 miles/153 km
BY TRAIN

Amtrak serves the entire US, so if you wish to travel by train, you should get a train from anywhere in Ohio and abort in Cincinnati, OH (CIN) station. From there you can either take the bus or rent a car.

Schools

If you are interested in trying out this amazing sport in this spot press the request button so as to give you more information and prices.

BOOKING REQUEST

Audiovisual material

PHOTOS (3)
VIDEOS (2)