My Dad introduced me to climbing and mountaineering when I was 12, and for the following 10 years he has been my main partner. We climbed together many classic routes all over the Alps, in the dolomites, Wenden, Mont Blanc etc…
In 2005 I had my first experience of opening a new route in the mountains, ground up, with a machine drill; in the following years with the fellow Fabio Palma we opened and free climbed 3 amazing new routes on the perfect limestone of Wendenstocke (Portami Via, Coelophysis, Infinite Jest). After many years of climbing in the Alps I started travelling abroad.
In 2010 I went for the first time to Patagonia and fell in love with that place and those mountains; since that year every winter I am going back. I have had also other important trips such as the one to Yosemite in 2012, when I free climbed El Cap, the one to Pakistan in 2013, when we opened a new route on Uli Biaho tower (6109m) and the amazing adventure of summer 2014 to East Greenland, where after more than 200km of kayaking we opened an amazing new free-climbing route on the virgin North face of Shark’s tooth.
Since 2006 I’m proudly a member of the group “Ragni di Lecco” and in 2008 I joined the Italian Academic Alpine Club (CAAI). I’ve got a master degree in industrial engineering and worked for some years as a researcher in the Information Systems field.
- 2005: Marmolada, route “through the fish” onsight in one day with my Dad “Portami via”, Wenden, 7c+ max expo, new route
- 2008: “Coelophysis”, Wenden, 8a+ max 650 meters, new route
- 2009: First extra-european expedition to Greenland (Fox Jaw), 2 new routes opened
- 2011: Many new route in the alps i.e. “Infinite Jest”, wenden; “Non è un paese per vecchi” and” Il mito della caverna”, Canton ticino
- 2012: Free climbed El Capitan, Yosemite for the route “freerider”, 7c max
- 2013: First ascent of Torre Egger west face, Patagonia 1200m 7a/A2/WI4
- 2013: First ascent of Uli biaho south-west face, Pakistan, 700m 6b/A0
- 2014: First ascent of Shark’s tooth north face, Greenland, 900m, 7b+ onsight, by fair means with approach by kayak
- 2015: New variation on the Casarotto Pillar of Fitz Roy, Patagonia, 1350m, 7a+
Explore and free climb big walls all over the world, possibly in wild and remote places with a clean style and a “by fair means” approach.
I have lots of dreams of what could be my greatest achievements. For sure it’s always going to be the next mountain, the next big wall to climb, the next big project.
Dealing with weather and conditions in the mountain, travelling and staying away from home for a long time, finding the right partners, finding new walls or lines to be climbed, being able to climb those walls in a fair style.
The challenge between myself and the mountains, the fact that you put yourself into the game and give everything you have to reach a summit. On this kind of ascent you’re never sure of the result.
If I’m alone I go bouldering in the gym, or do aerobic training: running or kayaking. I almost never climb in the mountains alone, I’ve tried it but I don’t like it.
I never compete.
Believe in your dreams.
May – ITALY
River Rafting Tour Class I / IV + and outdoor experiences on Noce River.
Not an expedition. 10 Days – air travel not included.
The “Patrick Rafting Center” organizes Basic, Advanced and Safety Courses for Rafting Guides, with immediate opportunities and pay with an established framework to Rafting Guide.
Location: Pescara River & Aventino River, Abruzzo region or where requested.
For participation in the courses the following conditions are required:
– Increased age
– Medical Certificate for sports activities such as rafting and
similar (to be submitted at the beginning of the course)
– No Photo – C.V. sports (to be submitted at the beginning of the course)
– Current employment status
– Identity card, Tax Code (to be submitted at the beginning of the course)