Joackim and Luca Guichard (twins) were born in Oslo in 1989 and moved to Portugal when were 6 weeks old. It took them 13 years and a surf course as a birthday gift to discover that they belong in the line-up. Focused and with loving passion for surfing they soon took on their first competition and finished both 1st and 2nd place.
Stoked on the results they eventually got sponsored and got the opportunity to travel to OZ and train their skills further more and require more experience. On returning to Portugal they both won three 1´st pro junior events. And did good in some European events and qualifying series. They were sponsored 8 years by O’Neill but unfortunately last year they lost their sponsor (O’Neill). But still travel to surf and surf to travel!
I´m looking to get better technical surfing, on aerials and big wave surfing, also in being more comfortable and free as competing and keeping happy and travel to new places!
To find a new sponsor, so that my brother and I can keep doing what we love, and besides to defend my title at the Lofoten (Norway masters in 2015); also win an event of the Portuguese nationals and being part of more inspirational video projects!
Surfing is a sport that can involve difficulties such as, injuries. Most likely back injuries, so you have to prepare well, and in the last few years the lack of sponsorship, you see so many good surfers losing their sponsors and the crowds in the water sometimes!
With surfing I feel satisfied every time I go surfing because you´re in direct contact with mother nature, and when it delivers perfect conditions like barrels, just makes me feel so ha!
Well, I watch videos of top world surfers and analyze it and compare it with me, used to do some trampoline training specific for air technique. Also lots of stretching and little bit of yoga.
When arriving at the beach, assess the conditions, and try always to be at my potential, sleep well, eat well and be focused! My twin brother and I film each other and analyze it.
Well losing to less experienced surfers and when you know you´re losing the heat and time is ticking away, with the speaker on the background going1 minute remaining surfers….
My biggest fan is Macaca (my girlfriend) always supporting and watching live comps while in class and work, always stoked with my surfing even if I lose!
Be part of video project with corporation with Redbull Norway, and find a new main sponsor, Fly to New York and California in January. And start competing in February/march. Keep training and be happy!
Our lessons include:
– All the required equipment (Kite, Bar, Harness, Wetsuit, Helmet, Impact Vest, Radio)
– Photos and Videos from the lessons,
– IKO card at the end,
– All the insurances required by the Portugal Turism Office and the RNAT certification,
– After your lessons we will be available for any question and doubts you might have,
– Need help with your personal gear? Call us,
– Self Rescue on and off the water as well as all the safety rules,
– Certified instructors from IPDJ and IKO.
Level 1 – Initiation (2 hours)
– Introduction to Kitesurf;
– How to set up the Kite and lines;
– Safety rules on the beach and on the water and all safety mechanisms;
– Control of the kite and understanding of the wind window;
– First rules of right of way and understanding the wind behavior;
– Full control of landing and relaunch of the kite.
IKO certify with the established trainee’s level.