Back in 2002, when I was 7 years old and got pushed into my first wave, I felt that surfing was going to be one of the biggest passions of my life.
Today, I’m so connected to the ocean and thankful for being able to travel the world surfing perfect waves, compete on some of the sickest surf comps ever and chase endless swells.
I want to do sick surftrips, qualify for the world tour (WCT) in the near future and qualify for the big wave world tour after having a good run on the WCT.
Qualify for the WCT and be top 5. Qualify for the big wave world tour and be top 5. Get a cover in Surfer Magazine.
The feeling of surfing a wave and the beauty of being in sync with the ocean. Get barreled and drop a big wave.
I do a lot of mental training. Nowadays the level is so high that who is more confident, 90% of the times gets to win.
Loosing. But in the water, you don’t think about it. The heat starts and you just get in a certain mental level that you just think about performing.
My mum. She’s simply the BEST.
When you are in the heat, do not think about the other. Do your own thing, no matter what, be resistant and fight until the end. Do not think about scores, get on the wave and surf as good as you can!
Do as many surf trips as I can, get points on the WQS to qualify in a few years for the WCT and drop some big waves!
Level 2 – Intermedium (3 hours)
– First contact with the water and the body drag techniques. Fell the traction of the kite while
floating on top of the water going downwind and being able to control the kite with only one
hand on the bar while maintaining full control of the body position;
– Full control of the kite water relaunch in all possible ways;
– Downwind bodydrag;
– Body drag both ways (right and left);
– Self rescue on the water;
– Body drag to recover a lost board and being able to return to the beach in control of the kite
– Understanding the de-power system and how to trim it;
– Rules of right of way on the water and safety rules.
IKO certify with the established trainee’s level.
Our lessons include:
– All the required equipment (Kite, Bar, Harness, Wetsuit, Helmet, Impact Vest, Radio)
– Photos and Videos from the lessons,
– IKO card at the end,
– All the insurances required by the Portugal Turism Office and the RNAT certification,
– After your lessons we will be available for any question and doubts you might have,
– Need help with your personal gear? Call us,
– Self Rescue on and off the water as well as all the safety rules,
– Certified instructors from IPDJ and IKO.