Hi! My name is Alex Hernandez I’m 17 years old (1998), I’m from Berga, Barcelona (Spain) and I also live there. I am studying a Medium grade cycle of mountain sports. And climbing is my passion.
Since I was a child I have gone to the mountains with my parents, this has made possible finding climbing more easily. At 10 years old I decided I wanted to climb and to train so I started training in a small panel in the garage of my house, later my father designed and built a boulder to be able to train better.
At 12 years old I entered the Catalan Climbing Team (CTEEC) and started to compete at Nationals. 2 years later I was selected for the Spanish Youth Climbing Team (PNTD) for the first time to compete at Europeans Youth Cup representing Spain.
Apart from the competition I also dedicated part of my time to climb at the rock, because of the environment, the nature, the outdoors, the peace and tranquillity that is mainly what made me love this sport. In this aspect I am lucky to live in Catalonia where I can enjoy a lot of magnificent climbing schools internationally recognized, and an exceptional weather that allows me to practice rock climbing throughout the year.
My favourite crags are in Catalonia, I am a privileged boy because I can enjoy climbing crags like Berga (where I live), Oliana, Margalef, Siurana, Bruixes and more beautiful places.
My dream is to continue enjoying this sport, also competing as long as possible, and at the highest level. And developing academically as athletically.
- 2008: Catalan youth lead cup: 8 place
- 2008: Andorran youth lead cup: 1st place
- 2009: Andorran youth lead cup: 1rst place
- 2010: Catalan youth lead cup: 1 place
- 2010: Catalan youth lead championship: 2nd place
- 2012: Catalan youth lead championship: Sub-18 category, 3 place
- 2013: European Youth Championship (L,S) - Imst (AUT) 2013: 17 place of 52 competitors
- 2013: French competition “Le top des petits” (Tarbes) category (1998-1999): 1rst place
- 2014: Spanish youth lead cup: 2 place
- 2014: European Youth Cup (L) - Imst (AUT) 2014: 9ª place
- 2015: Spanish youth lead cup: 1 place
- 2015: Spanish lead championship: 6 place
- 2015: Spanish lead cup: 11 place
- 2015: Catalan lead championship: 3 position, (I was 16 years old and my category was sub-18)
- 2015: Catalan lead cup: 1 place, (I was 16 years old and my category was sub-18)
- 2015: Catalan youth Boulder championship: Category sub 18, 1 place
Good question. So all I want is to be as happy as always, to spend the most time possible doing the sport that I love and progress on my hard goals. It’s simple.
My greatest achievement would be to climb the hardest grade of the world and win the cup and championship of lead climbing.
You must be mentally, technically and physically really strong. Because if one of those aspects fall, you would be an incomplete athlete. And if you are incomplete, it is impossible to progress in all issues.
When I progress or achieve a goal is when I feel more satisfied, because you see that the effort made had its reward.
When I am alone I think and rethink about my errors climbing on the rock or a competition and how to correct them to be a better athlete. Mainly I work my mental strength.
The main key is the motivation and then you need to spend time training physically, perfecting your technique and caring your mind.
After a lot of years competing you’re used to this “pressure”, now I have more mind control and I only feel nervous if I go out al the last position in the finals
I don`t have fans, I have people who support me in the good and in the bad moments.
Keep on enjoying climbing around the world, with the people that are around me, and go on competing for Catalonia and Spain the most time possible.
River Rafting, Wind Tunnel Flying & Outdoor activities in Empuriabrava, Spain.
From June to September. 3 Days – air travel not included.
Description: The activity will be placed in Llavorsí (Pallars Sobirà) and will be consisting in a half day of exhilarating white water on the Noguera Pallaresa river, rated amongst the best rafting rivers in Europe.
There is up to 14km of navigable water with different grades along the way, on spring time (April, May, mid June)this descend can be in some rapids class III and IV and in summer period (July to Oct) class II and III.
You will receive your equipment, getting change in our facilities and the staff will transfer you to the beginning point to the descend. You will meet your instructor, the one will be accompanying you all the time in tour and give you a briefing on safety and Rafting techniques.
Afterwards that will be the moment to brave the Noguera Pallaresa rapids, completing the route of 14km and finish the run in a village called Rialp.
The company transport service will pick you up there and bring you back to the facilities.
Duration: 2 hours
Schedule: Usually this activity has 2 runs a day in the morning time:
- at 9.30am (meeting time)
- at 11.30am (meeting time)
- at 3pm (meeting time) only available on Spring season (from April to June)
Let us know your preferences. Your descend will be confirmed under request
Required people: 1 pax – large groups can be handled
The price includes:
- all the equipment required for the activity (neoprene, socks, vest, helmet…)
- river guide
- RC and accident insurance
- digital photo service (optional, not included in price)
The price doesn’t include:
- bathing suit and towel
- your own transport to get to the facilities
- sun’s lotion
- minimum age: 14 years in Spring time and 8 years in Summer time
- juniors must be accompanied of an adult
- all participants must know how to swim
- before your booking, please inform to the center if you are exceptionally tall or overweight, or if you have any medical conditions, disabilities which affect your ability to partake in the activity
This activity is available from 15th March to 12th October