Hi! My name is Alex Hernandez I’m 17 years old (1998), I’m from Berga, Barcelona (Spain) and I also live there. I am studying a Medium grade cycle of mountain sports. And climbing is my passion.
Since I was a child I have gone to the mountains with my parents, this has made possible finding climbing more easily. At 10 years old I decided I wanted to climb and to train so I started training in a small panel in the garage of my house, later my father designed and built a boulder to be able to train better.
At 12 years old I entered the Catalan Climbing Team (CTEEC) and started to compete at Nationals. 2 years later I was selected for the Spanish Youth Climbing Team (PNTD) for the first time to compete at Europeans Youth Cup representing Spain.
Apart from the competition I also dedicated part of my time to climb at the rock, because of the environment, the nature, the outdoors, the peace and tranquillity that is mainly what made me love this sport. In this aspect I am lucky to live in Catalonia where I can enjoy a lot of magnificent climbing schools internationally recognized, and an exceptional weather that allows me to practice rock climbing throughout the year.
My favourite crags are in Catalonia, I am a privileged boy because I can enjoy climbing crags like Berga (where I live), Oliana, Margalef, Siurana, Bruixes and more beautiful places.
My dream is to continue enjoying this sport, also competing as long as possible, and at the highest level. And developing academically as athletically.
Good question. So all I want is to be as happy as always, to spend the most time possible doing the sport that I love and progress on my hard goals. It’s simple.
My greatest achievement would be to climb the hardest grade of the world and win the cup and championship of lead climbing.
You must be mentally, technically and physically really strong. Because if one of those aspects fall, you would be an incomplete athlete. And if you are incomplete, it is impossible to progress in all issues.
When I progress or achieve a goal is when I feel more satisfied, because you see that the effort made had its reward.
When I am alone I think and rethink about my errors climbing on the rock or a competition and how to correct them to be a better athlete. Mainly I work my mental strength.
The main key is the motivation and then you need to spend time training physically, perfecting your technique and caring your mind.
After a lot of years competing you’re used to this “pressure”, now I have more mind control and I only feel nervous if I go out al the last position in the finals
I don`t have fans, I have people who support me in the good and in the bad moments.
Keep on enjoying climbing around the world, with the people that are around me, and go on competing for Catalonia and Spain the most time possible.
Platinum Tandem Skydive (Saturday, Sunday & holidays)
Video & Photos Package
Duration: 3 hours
- Safety briefing with instructor.
- Equipment: jumpsuit, harness, helmet, gloves and glasses.
- Ascent in light aircraft to 4600 meters (15000 feet).
- Tandem parachute jump with instructor including a freefall of 1 minute.
- Parachute descent of 5-7 minutes.
- Option to add photos and video recording to your jump.
- Maximum weight 95kg (weigh have to be measured with clothes and shoes). Body Mass Index is also an important factor. Participants must have a BMI lower than 30. Please ensure you do not exceed this limit.
- Minimum weight 45kg.
- Minimum age: 16. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by both biological parents. If they are unable to attend, legal authorisation is required. Contact us to obtain the necessary documentation for these cases.
- Participants aged 70 or over must have authorisation from a doctor.
Medical pre-declared conditions will require of Doctor´s approval as well. Ask for the document.
- Pregnant women are not permitted to jump.
- Participants must not scuba dive within 24 hours prior to the jump.
Also, our video and photos package is served on a USB