Hi! My name is Alex Hernandez I’m 17 years old (1998), I’m from Berga, Barcelona (Spain) and I also live there. I am studying a Medium grade cycle of mountain sports. And climbing is my passion.
Since I was a child I have gone to the mountains with my parents, this has made possible finding climbing more easily. At 10 years old I decided I wanted to climb and to train so I started training in a small panel in the garage of my house, later my father designed and built a boulder to be able to train better.
At 12 years old I entered the Catalan Climbing Team (CTEEC) and started to compete at Nationals. 2 years later I was selected for the Spanish Youth Climbing Team (PNTD) for the first time to compete at Europeans Youth Cup representing Spain.
Apart from the competition I also dedicated part of my time to climb at the rock, because of the environment, the nature, the outdoors, the peace and tranquillity that is mainly what made me love this sport. In this aspect I am lucky to live in Catalonia where I can enjoy a lot of magnificent climbing schools internationally recognized, and an exceptional weather that allows me to practice rock climbing throughout the year.
My favourite crags are in Catalonia, I am a privileged boy because I can enjoy climbing crags like Berga (where I live), Oliana, Margalef, Siurana, Bruixes and more beautiful places.
My dream is to continue enjoying this sport, also competing as long as possible, and at the highest level. And developing academically as athletically.
- 2008: Catalan youth lead cup: 8 place
- 2008: Andorran youth lead cup: 1st place
- 2009: Andorran youth lead cup: 1rst place
- 2010: Catalan youth lead cup: 1 place
- 2010: Catalan youth lead championship: 2nd place
- 2012: Catalan youth lead championship: Sub-18 category, 3 place
- 2013: European Youth Championship (L,S) - Imst (AUT) 2013: 17 place of 52 competitors
- 2013: French competition “Le top des petits” (Tarbes) category (1998-1999): 1rst place
- 2014: Spanish youth lead cup: 2 place
- 2014: European Youth Cup (L) - Imst (AUT) 2014: 9ª place
- 2015: Spanish youth lead cup: 1 place
- 2015: Spanish lead championship: 6 place
- 2015: Spanish lead cup: 11 place
- 2015: Catalan lead championship: 3 position, (I was 16 years old and my category was sub-18)
- 2015: Catalan lead cup: 1 place, (I was 16 years old and my category was sub-18)
- 2015: Catalan youth Boulder championship: Category sub 18, 1 place
Good question. So all I want is to be as happy as always, to spend the most time possible doing the sport that I love and progress on my hard goals. It’s simple.
My greatest achievement would be to climb the hardest grade of the world and win the cup and championship of lead climbing.
You must be mentally, technically and physically really strong. Because if one of those aspects fall, you would be an incomplete athlete. And if you are incomplete, it is impossible to progress in all issues.
When I progress or achieve a goal is when I feel more satisfied, because you see that the effort made had its reward.
When I am alone I think and rethink about my errors climbing on the rock or a competition and how to correct them to be a better athlete. Mainly I work my mental strength.
The main key is the motivation and then you need to spend time training physically, perfecting your technique and caring your mind.
After a lot of years competing you’re used to this “pressure”, now I have more mind control and I only feel nervous if I go out al the last position in the finals
I don`t have fans, I have people who support me in the good and in the bad moments.
Keep on enjoying climbing around the world, with the people that are around me, and go on competing for Catalonia and Spain the most time possible.
Platinum Tandem Skydive (Saturday, Sunday & holidays)
Video & Photos Package
With this package two instructors jump with you, your tandem instructor and the cameraman instructor. After a brief interview before getting on board, the instructor cameraman films you in the plane, recording every detail of the takeoff, the flight, the comments … The cameraman jumps with you and your tandem instructor to record all the freefall, while taking between 25-40 photographs. During the parachute flight the cameraman goes faster down than you and your instructor, reaching land before to record and photography your landing.
The video report is edited with music and comes on a DVD, along with a CD with photographs.
Note that the video report is per person, while the camera can record sometimes two people on the ground and in flight, during free fall can only record one person with his instructor, because each person jumps from the plane with a time gap from each other for security reasons.
Description: The day starts off with a beautiful and scenic winter surrounding, aided by the moon’s glow, hop on a Snow Mobile for an exhilarating evening adventure through the forest depths of Grau Roig.
This activity will be placed in the Ski Resort of Grand Valira – Andorra. Our staff will be waiting for you and once you get ready your instructor will give you a briefing on safety, have some train before starts, and once you are comfortable with your SnowMobile, then is time to run.
Duration: 40 min ride + dinner
Schedule: Our schedule runs from 7pm or 8pm depending on dates.
Let us know your preferences and your schedule will be confirmed under request
Required people: 2 pax –
The price includes:
- snowmobile and necessary equipment
- accident insurance
- instructors that will lead the whole tour
The price doesn’t include:
- waterproof outfit, gloves
- comfortable clothing
- boots, winter outfit.
- minimum age recommended: 18 years (no driver license required to drive, only be minimum 18 years old)
- juniors must be accompanied of an adult
- this experience is not suitable if you have a heart condition, back, spine or neck problem, epilepsy or are pregnant
- as this experience takes place outdoors, it can be affected by extreme weather. If you are in any doubt then please call the center before heading off.