Hi! My name is Alex Hernandez I’m 17 years old (1998), I’m from Berga, Barcelona (Spain) and I also live there. I am studying a Medium grade cycle of mountain sports. And climbing is my passion.
Since I was a child I have gone to the mountains with my parents, this has made possible finding climbing more easily. At 10 years old I decided I wanted to climb and to train so I started training in a small panel in the garage of my house, later my father designed and built a boulder to be able to train better.
At 12 years old I entered the Catalan Climbing Team (CTEEC) and started to compete at Nationals. 2 years later I was selected for the Spanish Youth Climbing Team (PNTD) for the first time to compete at Europeans Youth Cup representing Spain.
Apart from the competition I also dedicated part of my time to climb at the rock, because of the environment, the nature, the outdoors, the peace and tranquillity that is mainly what made me love this sport. In this aspect I am lucky to live in Catalonia where I can enjoy a lot of magnificent climbing schools internationally recognized, and an exceptional weather that allows me to practice rock climbing throughout the year.
My favourite crags are in Catalonia, I am a privileged boy because I can enjoy climbing crags like Berga (where I live), Oliana, Margalef, Siurana, Bruixes and more beautiful places.
My dream is to continue enjoying this sport, also competing as long as possible, and at the highest level. And developing academically as athletically.
- 2008: Catalan youth lead cup: 8 place
- 2008: Andorran youth lead cup: 1st place
- 2009: Andorran youth lead cup: 1rst place
- 2010: Catalan youth lead cup: 1 place
- 2010: Catalan youth lead championship: 2nd place
- 2012: Catalan youth lead championship: Sub-18 category, 3 place
- 2013: European Youth Championship (L,S) - Imst (AUT) 2013: 17 place of 52 competitors
- 2013: French competition “Le top des petits” (Tarbes) category (1998-1999): 1rst place
- 2014: Spanish youth lead cup: 2 place
- 2014: European Youth Cup (L) - Imst (AUT) 2014: 9ª place
- 2015: Spanish youth lead cup: 1 place
- 2015: Spanish lead championship: 6 place
- 2015: Spanish lead cup: 11 place
- 2015: Catalan lead championship: 3 position, (I was 16 years old and my category was sub-18)
- 2015: Catalan lead cup: 1 place, (I was 16 years old and my category was sub-18)
- 2015: Catalan youth Boulder championship: Category sub 18, 1 place
Good question. So all I want is to be as happy as always, to spend the most time possible doing the sport that I love and progress on my hard goals. It’s simple.
My greatest achievement would be to climb the hardest grade of the world and win the cup and championship of lead climbing.
You must be mentally, technically and physically really strong. Because if one of those aspects fall, you would be an incomplete athlete. And if you are incomplete, it is impossible to progress in all issues.
When I progress or achieve a goal is when I feel more satisfied, because you see that the effort made had its reward.
When I am alone I think and rethink about my errors climbing on the rock or a competition and how to correct them to be a better athlete. Mainly I work my mental strength.
The main key is the motivation and then you need to spend time training physically, perfecting your technique and caring your mind.
After a lot of years competing you’re used to this “pressure”, now I have more mind control and I only feel nervous if I go out al the last position in the finals
I don`t have fans, I have people who support me in the good and in the bad moments.
Keep on enjoying climbing around the world, with the people that are around me, and go on competing for Catalonia and Spain the most time possible.
Description: This 3 km (1.8 mi) takes you through many breath-taking places, for more or less 10-15 minutes (approx.) depending on the snow conditions can be longer or shorter tour.
On your arrival you will meet your instructor, then it’s time to meet the dog and get seated in the sled and get ready for the ride.
This activity will be placed in the Ski Resort of Grand Valira – Andorra. Our staff will be waiting for you and once you get ready your instructor (the “Musher” : the person who guides the dogs and takes the control of the sled) will give you a briefing and after that ready to run.
Duration: 3 km / 1.8 mi
Schedule: Our schedule runs from 9am until 5pm (after this time the activity has a supplement of 40%)
Let us know your preferences and your schedule will be confirmed under request
Required people: 2 pax – large groups can be handled
The price includes:
- the material for the activity
- accident insurance
- instructors that will lead the whole tour
The price doesn’t include:
- waterproof outfit, gloves
- mountain boots
- comfortable clothing
- sunglasses and sun cream
- minimum age recommended: 3 years
- juniors must be accompanied of an adult
- this experience is not suitable if you have a heart condition, back, spine or neck problem, epilepsy or are pregnant
- as this experience takes place outdoors, it can be affected by extreme weather. If you are in any doubt then please call the center before heading off.
PRICE BASED ON A DOUBLE OCCUPANCY (Sleds with only one person will have a 50% additional cost)
Rides with kids from 3 to 8 years old cost: 53€ x kid
Duration: Half day
The price includes:
- the whole experience includes the equipment necessary for this activity. (Glasses and gloves)
- local instructor and insurance RC and accidents
- local taxes on price
- transfer from the train Station in Manresa (if you need it round trip upon request)
- video or Handycam photo (basic included on this price) other options on video or photo on “Not Included part
The price doesn’t include:
- you should wear comfortable and casual clothes suited for the weather for your tandem flight. You will be wearing the safety equipment of the parachuting club on the day
- meals or drinks are not included on this activity
- you should arrive to the aerodrome with your own transportation (car or public transport).
- other options on photo or video : – Video and Handycam photo / Video or/and Photo external / handycam options + external options. The best technology, the best team at your service for a memorable moment (upon request)
- there is no age limit on this activity however its necessary not weigh more than 100kg (220lbs) and minimum height of 1,20m (3,93ft)
- seniors more than 65 years needs a medical certificate
- as this experience takes place outdoors, it can be affected by extreme weather. If you are in any doubt then please call the center before heading off
- juniors must be accompanied by an adult