Hello, my name is Bernardo Jerónimo, I am a Portuguese bodyboarder from Figueira da Foz, and I practice bodyboard since I was 12 years old. I don’t compete anymore because I don’t like to do it, I am a freesurfer with a huge passion for the ocean and I love to surf heavy and dangerous waves. The feeling you get doing that is amazing and it motivates me to push my limits every time I am into the water.
My competitive Career wasn’t the best of all times but I was top 30 of world qualifying tour and I was national champion under 16. I have been all over the world with my bodyboard, I was in Brazil, Hawaii, Mexico, Indonesia, Canary islands, Chile, Islands of Azores and many others to compete and explore the waves. It was one of the best experiences of my life and I am so glad I had that opportunity! It’s for sure that I will see more other places and keep the search for the best waves all over the planet.
Everyone can see my videos and photos on vimeo, facebook and also on a Portuguese bodyboarding magazine, Vert magazine, those are the places to see me in action during my bodyboarding career.
Search the best waves on the planet and travel as much as possible.
To be a happy person recognized by what I like to do in and out of the water.
The main risk is drowning but there are some other risks such as column, shoulders and knees injuries that are very vulnerable to landing impacts.
To be in the water with dangerous conditions and survive using your own knowledge, it´s a dangerous game that you must win all the time and I love that feeling.
It´s always important to be in the water with somebody but when that´s not possible I choose spots that I know very well or I do some other physical exercise.
Normally I try to be at the best spots with the best conditions in my country where everyone can push their limits and that dedication has been working during all these years.
It´s kind of nerve racking when we don’t choose the best waves during the heats, we must be a little lucky all the time.
Maybe my father because he loves me, he loves the ocean and the waves like I do.
To have a stable life and travel as much as I can.
Level 1 – Initiation (2 hours)
– Introduction to Kitesurf;
– How to set up the Kite and lines;
– Safety rules on the beach and on the water and all safety mechanisms;
– Control of the kite and understanding of the wind window;
– First rules of right of way and understanding the wind behavior;
– Full control of landing and relaunch of the kite.
IKO certify with the established trainee’s level.
SUP SESSIONS PROGRAM (FLAT WATER)
– Characteristics of SUP Board
– Different constitutions of material
– Different types of boards: crossing; Waves; Hybrid
– Choosing the Board and paddle suitable for weight, height, level technical and style
Knowledge of the environment and Meteorology:
– Interpretation of the conditions of practice the site
– Types of Waves
– Funds and chains
– Safe areas practice
– Exit and entrance in the water
– Ground Handling
– Handling in the water
– Handling with wind
– Bathers in practice area
– Objects and other vessels
– Chains and cables in water
– Assists other surfers
– Axis and center of gravity
– Navigation with waves
– Use of the conditions
4 hours duration 2 days price: 120 €