I am Vicenzo Luque and I am 22 years old, from Santiago-Chile, a Professional Bmx rider, I started when I was 13 years old, I remember that it was in my 13th birthday and my grand mom gave me a bmx freestyle, I was so excited because near to my hometown there is a Bikepark with ramps, I was a child so I started this sport enjoying and having fun with my friends, but I kept myself in this amazing sport so after 2 years on my bike, I started to think about doing my life in this sport.
Everything changes when you decide your life so I made my sport my profession and I become better for myself every day, I even enjoy and love this sport but I had to train a lot and also be serious about my sport. Those days I stop and think about the greatest thing that the bmx gave to me and there are a lot of things, places and people who make me feel completely happy doing this.
The Bmx let me meet many people around the places that I travel, and enjoy much more the bmx, bringing me to different countries and cities, now I’m waiting to get back on my bike, because I got an injury on my right knee so I should do a surgery, but this lesion doesn’t stop my dream, it is just another step on my way, but I’m still dreaming myself enjoying and traveling around the world with my bmx. I will get well very soon.
- 2010: "Cima", Cordoba, Argentina
- 2010: "Lollapalooza", Santiago, Chile
- 2011: 1# place, Professional at "Marinela Parque Araucano", Santiago, Chile
- 2011: 1# place, Professional at "Estadio Nacional", Santiago, Chile
- 2011: 3# place, Professional at "CX-game", Chengdu, China
- 2011: 1# place, Professional at "CX-game Best trick", Chengdu, China
- 2011: 1# place, Professional at "K2 Master", Santiago, Chile
- 2011: 4# place, Professional at "Hell Track", Rosario, Argentina
- 2011: "Cima", Quilpue, Chile
- 2011: "Happy Valley", Chengdu, China. 23 Abril - 4 Noviembre
- 2011: "Almejas Bike park", Antofagasta, Chile
- 2012: 1# place, Professional at "Marinela Parque Araucano", Santiago, Chile
- 2012: 1# place, Professional at "Estadio Nacional", Santiago, Chile
- 2012: 3# place, Professional at "CX-game", Chengdu, China
- 2012: 1# place, Professional at "CX-game Best trick", Chengdu, China
- 2012: 1# place, Professional at "K2 Master", Santiago, Chile
- 2012: 4# place, Professional at "Hell Track", Rosario, Argentina
I want to get a nice sponsor who will help me to be part of good competitions or good events, I want to travel and meet good riders and enjoy with them a really good session of bmx.
Just live and do BMX all my life, I don’t want to change my work and I would like to be invited to compete in an X-game.
The simple difficulty, that is not easy and no one could do something on bmx if not training, and those days just some people choose a difficult & dangerous sport. This amazing sport needs a lot of dedication, perseverance and crashes so when I think that my sport is not easy, I just Love it!
Feel the control in the air, the cream of the crowd when they look what we do on a small bike, it’s freestyle, you feel free doing what you want to do, Bmx is a big Door to happiness.
I practice my trick on my mind, I imagine myself doing every trick that I want to try, and then when I got it and know how to do it, I start to try it in the park!!! I think this method works.
The key is not trust in the fear, but believe in yourself and your dream.
The crowd, the people are important, if they don’t like what you do, you will not get inspired by them.
It’s difficult to ride with the pressure of the people watching you, waiting to get amazed by the riders in the competition, but my real fear competing is finishing and not be happy with my ride. It’s not about win or lose, it’s about the feel on my bike.
My Mom, she is my biggest fan, because she believes in my dream, she was the first person to sponsor me to give my best in this sport, without her I couldn’t be where I am now.
Life is to live experience, if you are not getting experiences that means you’re not living as you should live, the power of the mind is amazing, so whatever you want, whatever you wish, whatever you keep thinking, mean you should go and get what you have in your mind, you got the control to make possible anything that you really want.
So follow your dreams and wishes and you will find the happiness through your thinking. Make it happen!
Just ride my bike, and keep traveling to different countries and cities. Get good sponsors and good deals.