Born in Ouro Preto, where children always loved extreme sports: “I always looked a friend at Ouro Preto, Claudio. He went with a Downhill bike near my house, I got crazy with the bike, very different, had forks. He began to show me the sport and started riding with him. Bike gave me a different adrenaline”.
His first bike did not come so easy, it was very sweaty! It was an Azonic B52 and even being a simple bike, it was born a champion. “I give a lot of value for everything I have achieved in this sport. ’Cause today I have the best bikes to ride, but had to fight hard therefore.
“Professional athlete since 2012, Bê (as it is called), travels the world doing what he loves most, riding a bike! But life as an athlete is not so easy. Bê is looking always to be the best he can. This includes many drills, a heavy routine and rules. Early to bed, have a healthy diet, discipline, focus. “Family, girlfriend, my dogs. Sorry miss them!
Persons who live with me and are in my day-to-day know how, hard it is to be an athlete. They encourage me a lot, I’m glad I can count on them”. Although he works, he never loses the fun. Already won the Brazilian territory, having three national championships, and several other titles.
Now is looking for new conquests! Known for his aggressive style, he has been twice world champion Whip in Canada. And do not stop there! This talent still has much to show. Representing Brazil internationally, Bernardo is one of the promises of the World Cup!
- 2010: Champion of Brazil
- 2011: World-wide champion of Whip
- 2012: Champion of Brazil
- 2012: 4º Lugar Red Bull Descenso del Condor - Bolivia
- 2013: World-wide champion of Whip
- 2013: Champion of Brazil
- 2013: 3º Lugar Open Shimano - Argentina
- 2013: 3º Lugar Red Bull Challenge of the Crosses - Ouro Preto, Brazil
- 2013: 13º Place - Garbanzo DH Crankworx - Whistler, Canada
- 2013: 17º Lugar - Canadian Open Crankworx (UCI) – Whistler, Canada
- 2013: 58º Place Pantry of the World Hafjell - Norway
- 2014: 5º Lugar Red Bull Valparaiso Cerro Abajo - Chile
- 2014: 3º Place Portugal Goblet in Port Me - Portugal
- 2014: 3º Place Portugal Goblet in Ribeira de Pena - Portugal
- 2014: 3º Lugar Downtaxco - Taxco, Mexico
- 2014: 44º Place World-wide Championship Hafjell - Norway
My greatest race was my first National title. I did not have good gears and bikes, but fortunately I have good friends that helped me with the race. I won the National after I had an injury, and lost one of my kidneys.
I feel satisfied to work with bikes. It’s a big return.
When I travel my trainer send me some exercises to keep fit. And I like to do some balance exercises with my downhill bike.
It’s important to train, and also riding bikes. Riding my downhill bike is the best part.
Knowing that my biggest enemy is myself, and everything depends on me.
Do everything with love, and enjoy the ride.
Train hard, get titles and win races…and never lose the fun.