Rachel, the youngest Atherton at 23 years old has already achieved global status within the sport.
At only 20 years old, Rach became the first British woman to win the Elite Women UCI Downhill World Championship in June 2008 with an unprecendeted winning margin of 12 seconds. The same year she wrapped up the World Cup Series. Since then she has gone on to win numerous UCI Downhill World Cups and Medals at the World Champs, but injuries have prevented her from defending those titles…the game is now on!
- 2004: British Downhill National Champion
- 2004: DH World Cup Rd 3, Schladming 1st
- 2006: Downhill European Champion
- 2007: 4X World Cup Rd1, Vigo 1st
- 2008: DH World Cup, Andorra 1st
- 2008: Downhill World Champion, Val Di Sole. 1st
- 2008: World Championship 1st
- 2008: WC DH Series Winner 1st
- 2009: Downhill National Champion 1st
- 2010: DH World Cup, Ft William, Champery & Windham
- 2010: World Cup DH Series Champion 1st
- 2010: 2 x WC DH Maribor and Windham 1st
- 2011: WC DH Rd 5 Windham 1st
- 2011: World Championships, Champery 2nd
- 2012: Giant Air DH Crankworx Europe 1st
- 2012: British Championships Moelfre 1st
- 2012: British Downhill National Champion 1st
- 2012: World Cup DH Series 3rd
- 2013: British Downhill series Overall Champion
- 2013: British Downhill National Champion
- 2013: World Cup DH Round 2,Val di Sole 1st
- 2013: World Cup DH Round 1,Fort William 1st
- 2013: World Cup DH Series Fastest Team 1st
- 2014: World Cup DH Series 2nd
- 2014: Polygon Air DH Crankworx Europe 1st
- 2014: World Cup DH Round 2, Cairns , Australia
- 2014: Downhill World Champion, Val Di Sole. 1st
- 2014: WC DH Rd 2 Cairns 1st
- 2014: WC DH Rd 6 Meribel 1st
To regain the World Champs and World Cup overall titles. Last season was hard for me with glandular fever really knocking me physically. It’s good to end on a bit of a high feeling that my strength is back again.
Winning the World Championships twice in 2008 at the same time like Gee then again in 2013. It was hard to let those rainbow stripes go for the sake of 0.08 seconds…
The weather can cause a track to change a lot between practice and a final run. Furthermore, there are always unpredicted elements or factors. This season I had a dog lunge on me on my Final run..
I like riding best with my brothers and our friends, somewhere gnarly! There are loads of great places in North Wales.
Loads of things! I try to look at training holistically and look after my body and my mind with good food and nutrition, and lots of yoga.
My mum, my boyfriend, my brothers, my team – I’m so lucky to have such support.
Make sure you enjoy it – there are loads of places and clubs where you can start to ride now – find a good group of friends to ride and train with, they will sustain you.
All Equipment, including safety is supplied in the kite landboarding lessons:
Bring a study pair of shoes, sunglasses, sun cream and warm clothing if it is cold.
Post lesson discount vouchers for equipment we offer are available.
Course duration: 4 hours
The one day kitesurfing course is aimed at complete beginners and a great introduction to the sport. Initially learning the fundamentals and kite control whilst covering safety, site assessments, and kite set ups, then moving into the water for body dragging and self rescue techniques.The course is 90% practical and brilliant fun!!!
Course Duration: 6 hours total.
All included + post course handout pack.