Born at Porto city and went to live near the beach when I was 2 years old. Start to skateboard at 8 years old and surf at 14. Kite appeared to me 13 years ago when I saw on TV some crazy Hawaiians riding waves with a kite. Being a surfer the sport took part of my life really easy and especially when I made my first jump. Now it’s my job (and addiction) being a pro team rider for best kiteboarding and an instructor.
Riding the biggest wave ever or barrel with a kite.
Mother nature. The combination of perfect conditions of waves, wind and deal with ocean hazards.
Making a huge jump or barrel.
I am nervous until the point I go out. Once inside the water everything goes away.
If you want to go fast go alone, if you want to go far go together.
Go big but safe first.
Our ‘surf boot camps’ were set up to provide students one or more weeks of intensive surfing. Students travel in the school van to Costa da Caparica (Praia do Infante), which offers perfect conditions for students to perfect their technique.
This package is aimed at adolescents with some experience or beginners aged over 14.
Surf boot camps take place during the summer holidays: June, July, August and September
Price: €175 (per week)
Lunch option + €40 (per week)
Boot camps run during the week (Monday to Friday), from 9 am to 6 pm, leaving from Amoreiras Shopping center or the surf school in Carcavelos.
Level 2 – Intermedium (3 hours)
– First contact with the water and the body drag techniques. Fell the traction of the kite while
floating on top of the water going downwind and being able to control the kite with only one
hand on the bar while maintaining full control of the body position;
– Full control of the kite water relaunch in all possible ways;
– Downwind bodydrag;
– Body drag both ways (right and left);
– Self rescue on the water;
– Body drag to recover a lost board and being able to return to the beach in control of the kite
– Understanding the de-power system and how to trim it;
– Rules of right of way on the water and safety rules.
IKO certify with the established trainee’s level.