Born at Porto city and went to live near the beach when I was 2 years old. Start to skateboard at 8 years old and surf at 14. Kite appeared to me 13 years ago when I saw on TV some crazy Hawaiians riding waves with a kite. Being a surfer the sport took part of my life really easy and especially when I made my first jump. Now it’s my job (and addiction) being a pro team rider for best kiteboarding and an instructor.
Riding the biggest wave ever or barrel with a kite.
Mother nature. The combination of perfect conditions of waves, wind and deal with ocean hazards.
Making a huge jump or barrel.
I am nervous until the point I go out. Once inside the water everything goes away.
If you want to go fast go alone, if you want to go far go together.
Go big but safe first.
Our lessons include:
– All the required equipment (Kite, Bar, Harness, Wetsuit, Helmet, Impact Vest, Radio)
– Photos and Videos from the lessons,
– IKO card at the end,
– All the insurances required by the Portugal Turism Office and the RNAT certification,
– After your lessons we will be available for any question and doubts you might have,
– Need help with your personal gear? Call us,
– Self Rescue on and off the water as well as all the safety rules,
– Certified instructors from IPDJ and IKO.
Level 1 – Initiation (2 hours)
– Introduction to Kitesurf;
– How to set up the Kite and lines;
– Safety rules on the beach and on the water and all safety mechanisms;
– Control of the kite and understanding of the wind window;
– First rules of right of way and understanding the wind behavior;
– Full control of landing and relaunch of the kite.
IKO certify with the established trainee’s level.