Hugo Macatrão is from Nazare, Portugal. Due to the village’s natural conditions, he started practicing bodyboard, since very early age, in the powerful waves that break in that area. This fact plus all the trips until today had an important contribution on his development as a bodyboarder. Presenting himself as a free-surfer, Hugo prefers to travel around the world in order to find new waves rather than competing.
He tries to be where the best sessions are, surf the best waves and enjoy the most of it, whilst having fun. Nowadays, he’s one of the Pride Training Club by Antonio Cardoso’s representatives, and teaching and following the trainees’ development is what motivates him the most. Besides, one of his main goals is raising the number of surfers and refining bodyboard as a sport.
Surf the best sessions during the Portuguese winter, travel to places where I’ve never been and discover the best waves and develop the newest bodyboarders’ generation through my school: Pride Training Club by António Cardoso.
Get the first place in Nazaré Special Edition.
The fact that we can’t just choose the time and the day to practice because everything depends on the swell, the tide, the wind and the sandbank if surfing in a beach break.
The engagement and the synchrony with the nature, the sea, and the colors in the sky. And, of course, feel the adrenaline when surfing massive waves.
Practice the moves on the beach before I surf and I also do some mind-surf. I just stare at the sea and imagine what I would and could do with the waves.
I ‘m naturally very distracted so I need to focus so that nothing fails.
The time, because I can’t just surf as much time as I want. And arrive to the beach and see that the conditions aren’t my favorite ones.
My parents that always supported me and taught me to fight for what I really want.
Travel as much as possible and continue developing Pride Training Club by António Cardoso along with the great bodyboarder and friend António Cardoso from initiation to high-performance.
Our lessons include:
– All the required equipment (Kite, Bar, Harness, Wetsuit, Helmet, Impact Vest, Radio)
– Photos and Videos from the lessons,
– IKO card at the end,
– All the insurances required by the Portugal Turism Office and the RNAT certification,
– After your lessons we will be available for any question and doubts you might have,
– Need help with your personal gear? Call us,
– Self Rescue on and off the water as well as all the safety rules,
– Certified instructors from IPDJ and IKO.
Level 3 – Independent (3 hours)
– First contact with the water start techniques;
– Control the kite while positioning the board and body to water start;
– First attempts on standing up with full control of the kite position on the wind window;
– Rules of right of way while riding;
– First meters on the water riding in both directions;
– Understanding the conditions and the right equipment for you level;
IKO certify with the established trainee’s level.