My name is Tasos Polykarpou and I was born in Cyprus. I started sports from a young age with scuba diving, climbing, hiking, swimming, kite surfing, paramotoring, BASE jumping and Skydiving. I decided to concentrate to few of them, so the last years I am BASE jumper, wingsuit pilot and Paramotor pilot.
I believe by focusing in a specific sport is helping me as an athlete to become good. The last years I am focused and do training in wingsuit that I love a lot. I am lucky enough because I am living in Cyprus, 340 days per year with perfect weather so I can train in good conditions.
I love the wingsuit performance and my targets are to be one of the best pilots in the world and to grow up knowledge for the wingsuit performance in my country, Cyprus.
Now I am 4th in the world, so for sure to be 1st in the wingsuit performance.
Difficulties that I face are mostly about the lack of training facilities in Cyprus and the specific requirements that must be met for efficient training.
When I overcome my fears and perform well.
I practice my sport techniques to Drop Zones all over the world mostly alone since this is a solo sport.
I am very concentrated and focused before the jump, during the jump and after the jump; it’s very important for me to visualize my fly before the jump and then it’s very important to debrief my jump.
All the procedures of the competition make me nervous but I am trying to manage it and enjoy the jump, because I love my sport and all my friends that I compete against.
I am planning to continue with my performance competitions and also to work on the new design of my suit and equipment.
Single dive – €65 / 2nd intro – €65 / Double dive – €110 / 3 Dives – €165 / 4 Dives – €200
5 Dives – €240 / 6 Dives – €270 / 7 Dives – €315 / 8 Dives – €340
Night Dive – €25 (Includes torch)
Nitrox – €12 per dive
Boat Dive – €25 per dive
Torch – €7 per dive
Computer – €7 per dive
*Prices quoted include all tax, FREE manual and FREE Certification Card
The second step – let’s take you into the water! Body dragging and self rescue.
- Duration: Approx. 4hrs. Requirements: Completion of the discovery course or equivalent. Swimming skills.
- This course takes your flying skills into the water.
- You’ll learn to pilot the kite in the water, control the kite with one hand, body drag down wind and consistently perform self rescues and water relaunching.
- Surfing the waves is one step away!
- The school is updated with new equipment every year.
- All safety equipment – wetsuits, helmets, buoyancy aid are provided by the school.
- We use wireless, waterproof radio equipped helmets to just give you constant guidance even in the water.
- We can assist you in your first purchase of complete kitesurfing package at great prices.
- During lessons we provide all the necessary equipment: kite, board, floatation vest, harness and a helmet complete with waterproof walkie-talkie so your instructor can guide you while practicing in the water.
- Through the lessons you progress step by step and only move to the next level when you have mastered the previous one.
- To be able to start practicing safely without supervision, you’ll need to have completed a total of 10 hrs of lessons approximately.
- We’ll advise you on availability and weather conditions for your requested period and answer all other possible questions you may have.