My name is Tasos Polykarpou and I was born in Cyprus. I started sports from a young age with scuba diving, climbing, hiking, swimming, kite surfing, paramotoring, BASE jumping and Skydiving. I decided to concentrate to few of them, so the last years I am BASE jumper, wingsuit pilot and Paramotor pilot.
I believe by focusing in a specific sport is helping me as an athlete to become good. The last years I am focused and do training in wingsuit that I love a lot. I am lucky enough because I am living in Cyprus, 340 days per year with perfect weather so I can train in good conditions.
- 2016: 1st place Wingsuit performance competition Italian Nationals
- 2016: 2nd place Wingsuit performance competition Norway Nationals
- 2016: 2nd place Wingsuit performance competition Russian Nationals
- 2016: 4th Place Worldwide ranking in Wingsuit Performance Competition
I love the wingsuit performance and my targets are to be one of the best pilots in the world and to grow up knowledge for the wingsuit performance in my country, Cyprus.
Now I am 4th in the world, so for sure to be 1st in the wingsuit performance.
Difficulties that I face are mostly about the lack of training facilities in Cyprus and the specific requirements that must be met for efficient training.
When I overcome my fears and perform well.
I practice my sport techniques to Drop Zones all over the world mostly alone since this is a solo sport.
I am very concentrated and focused before the jump, during the jump and after the jump; it’s very important for me to visualize my fly before the jump and then it’s very important to debrief my jump.
All the procedures of the competition make me nervous but I am trying to manage it and enjoy the jump, because I love my sport and all my friends that I compete against.
I am planning to continue with my performance competitions and also to work on the new design of my suit and equipment.
1 hour Beginner Equipment: €20
1 hour Pro Equipment: €25
3 hour Beginner Equipment: €50
3 hour Pro Equipment: €65
5 days Unlimited Time Rental: €220
- Drivers must have a valid driving licence.
- Co-drivers must be 5+ years old.
- Drivers and co-drivers must wear the protective helmet provided.
- No previous off road experience is required.
- Everyone must be behind the group leader who is a member of the staff and follow all instructions.
- Everyone must follow the vehicle in front from a safe distance of 5 m.
- No trespassing is allowed.
- No drifting is allowed in straight lines.
The best time to visit is either early in the morning (08:30-12:30) or late afternoon (14:30-18:30).
You have to wear comfortable clothing, sneakers and sunglasses. It’s also a good idea to bring a sun block with you.