My name is Tasos Polykarpou and I was born in Cyprus. I started sports from a young age with scuba diving, climbing, hiking, swimming, kite surfing, paramotoring, BASE jumping and Skydiving. I decided to concentrate to few of them, so the last years I am BASE jumper, wingsuit pilot and Paramotor pilot.
I believe by focusing in a specific sport is helping me as an athlete to become good. The last years I am focused and do training in wingsuit that I love a lot. I am lucky enough because I am living in Cyprus, 340 days per year with perfect weather so I can train in good conditions.
- 2016: 1st place Wingsuit performance competition Italian Nationals
- 2016: 2nd place Wingsuit performance competition Norway Nationals
- 2016: 2nd place Wingsuit performance competition Russian Nationals
- 2016: 4th Place Worldwide ranking in Wingsuit Performance Competition
I love the wingsuit performance and my targets are to be one of the best pilots in the world and to grow up knowledge for the wingsuit performance in my country, Cyprus.
Now I am 4th in the world, so for sure to be 1st in the wingsuit performance.
Difficulties that I face are mostly about the lack of training facilities in Cyprus and the specific requirements that must be met for efficient training.
When I overcome my fears and perform well.
I practice my sport techniques to Drop Zones all over the world mostly alone since this is a solo sport.
I am very concentrated and focused before the jump, during the jump and after the jump; it’s very important for me to visualize my fly before the jump and then it’s very important to debrief my jump.
All the procedures of the competition make me nervous but I am trying to manage it and enjoy the jump, because I love my sport and all my friends that I compete against.
I am planning to continue with my performance competitions and also to work on the new design of my suit and equipment.
- Players between 14-18 years old must be with their parents.
- Players must be over 18 years old.
- All players must wear the protective gear and mask provided during the game.
- All players must follow the instructor’s rules.
The best time to visit is either early in the morning (08:30-12:30) or late afternoon (14:30-18:30).
You have to wear comfortable clothing, sneakers and sunglasses. It’s also a good idea to bring a sun block with you.
Time required 3 hours
Entry Level: Kite boarder level 2 or equivalent skill level
You will be able to ride upwind and do your first jump! During this course, you learn how to manage your practice area and choose your equipment. Your kite flying skills will improve and you will learn how to control your power and direction, and come back to your starting point. You will be able to fly more powerful kites. You will use a twin tip, mutant or smaller directional board.
- Know the right of way rules
- Ride away from the shore and come back to the shore
- Edge on the heel and toe side to change the course
- Accelerate by edging down and moving the kite
- Stop by edging
- Be able to keep an edge
- Ride away from the shore and come back at starting point. Ride upwind
- Constantly ride upwind
- Recover the board without the leash by body dragging upwind
- Ride a twin tip board. Optional if it has been done before
- Switch of direction