My name is Dimitris Kyrsanidis, friends call me “DK”. I am a professional Freerunner and a Red Bull Athlete. I have been doing Freerunning since 2007. I am a Christian Orthodox and God is my main inspiration in LIFE. I come from Thessaloniki, Greece. When I do something, whatever this is, I want to do it perfectly no matter what.
I never stop till that happens. I enjoy working hard and achieving in the end. I don’t believe in “luck”. I like travelling. Travelling has become a part of my life since summer 2014. I wanna have my own Parkour/Freerunning/Tricking academy in the near future. Also I want to become a pro film maker in the future. This is ME!
I am looking for virtuousness and success. My dream at the moment is to make Greece, especially my city Thessaloniki, one of the top places in the world for a Freerunner to visit and make my own academy in the near future.
Winning the Red Bull Art Of Motion 2 years in a row and making my dreams come true.
The most difficult thing that I personally have encountered is the fight with myself, sometimes you get scared and afraid of doing anything, cause the mind is playing with you.
You need to be 100% in focus, most of our injuries are coming from underestimating the easy tricks.
Well most of the time I am alone, I prefer going to the park next to my house, or to the center of Thessaloniki where we have the only Parkour/Freerunning Park in Greece that the city mayor and I created 4 years ago. Sometimes I go to a gymnastics gym also.
First thing I do is my cross, God is EVERYTHING to me, so I pray for some seconds, and then I start. Short warm up, then I find a cool thing to do and I do it several times till my body feels warm.
Then I just move around, most of the times I get inspired from videos and try new things that I saw or imagined.
When I am competing I am most nervous about getting hurt and failing to do the things I planned to do.
I would say my family could be my biggest fan. Cause they never stopped supporting me, since the very beginning they were there.
Then goes my girlfriend, she even started doing Freerunning. And lastly my friends. Cause they are my friends.
The best of advice I have ever received was: “don’t compete to win, compete to have fun”. Then I completely changed, I stopped being nervous, I started to enjoy 100%.
By Paulo Victor Freitas.
My future plans? Well I really want to create my own Parkour, Freerunning, Tricking, Street Workout academy all in one.
I wanna travel even more and make creative videos. Make a living out of Freerunning and never stop living my dream.
Implementation period: All year round (upon request)
Trail distance: 5-6 nautical miles
Route type: Bidirectional
Activity duration with breaks: 4-5 hours
Suitability: Suitable for all / No previous experience required
Meeting point: Kardamili or Stoupa (Depending on the wind direction)
Participants should have with them:
- Bottle of water
- Sun cream (during summer months)
- Extra pair of shoes that will get wet. Suitable shoes are lightweight trainers, flip flops, sandals or sea shoes. Avoid bulky shoes
The price ncludes:
- Full Sea Kayak equipment: boat, paddle, life jacket, spray-skirt, waterproof jacket.
- Extra equipment: waterproof bags and cases, pumps and paddle-float.
- Snorkeling equipment (goggles and respirators)
- BCU trained and certified guides
- Sea Kayak course.
- Tour planning – Sightseeing
- Picnic with fruits and Traditional delicacies
- Transfer from the exit point to entry point (if necessary)
- Photographs from the activity
- Liability insurance
- All taxes
Explore Messinia reserves the right to modify or cancel any outdoor activity due to bad weather or technical difficulties. There is a minimum number of 4 participants required for the implementation of this outdoor activity. Explore Messinia reserves the right to postpone or cancel the activity in case of non completion of the required number of participants.
Recreational scuba diving is the name given to the use underwater breathing apparatus (tank – BCD – breathing regulator) – in fact, “scuba” is an acronym for “self-contained underwater breathing apparatus”! There are many international diving organizations, but the most well known and the one that trains the most divers is PADI.
- You are in good general health.
However, it should be noted that anyone can dive regardless of their physical condition (within reason) because diving is more about hovering in the water than it is about swimming. You will be asked to complete and sign a medical questionnaire and, if necessary, you will be asked to provide a medical certificate.
What the course entails:
- In the theoretical part of the course you will learn about diving equipment (suits, tanks, breathing regulators, etc.), the physical laws governing the sea, elementary medical issues, planning dives, etc.
- The practical part of the course covers a wide range of simple diving skills in which you will learn, for example, how we move and breathe underwater to how we remove water from our masks without having to head to the surface.
- The theory part takes about 7 hours and is completed in 2–3 days (the theory is conducted alongside the actual dives).
- The practical lessons consist of 9 dives (from an initial depth of 1.5 m/4 ft up to the maximum (for OPEN WATER) of 18 m/59 ft).
The dives take place over 5 days (2 dives a day) and usually require 2 weekends, but the program can be configured according to your needs.
PADI Open water Diver Course 380€ / per person
PADI Open Water Diver Course for families (min 3pax) 320€ / per person