George, better known as Gee, is widely regarded as one of the worlds most versatile bike riders.
Gee’s main discipline is downhill, he was the 2008 UCI Downhill World Champion and 2010 UCI World Cup Champion
- 2044: DH World Cup Rd 3, Schladming 1st
- 2004: British Downhill National Champion
- 2006: Downhill European Champion
- 2007: 4X World Cup Rd1, Vigo 1st
- 2008: DH World Cup, Andorra 1st
- 2008: Downhill World Champion, Val Di Sole. 1st
- 2009: Downhill National Champion 1st
- 2010: Red Bull Rampage 2nd
- 2010: DH World Cup, Ft William, Champery & Windham
- 2010: World Cup DH Series Champion 1st
- 2012: British Downhill National Champion 1st
- 2012: World Championships, Leogang 2nd
- 2012: Giant Air DH Crankworx Europe 1st
- 2012: World Cup DH Series Fastest Team 1st
- 2012: World Cup DH Series 3rd
- 2013: British Downhill series Overall Champion
- 2013: British Downhill National Champion
- 2013: World Cup DH Round 2,Val di Sole 1st
- 2013: World Cup DH Round 1,Fort William 1st
- 2013: World Cup DH Series Fastest Team 1st
- 2013: World Cup DH Series 2nd
- 2014: Polygon Air DH Crankworx Europe 1st
- 2014: World Cup DH Round 2, Cairns , Australia
- 2014: Downhill World Champion, Val Di Sole. 1st
Winning the World Championships twice – in 2008 with Rachel and then again this year (2014).
Getting the balance of training right – speed , strength, stamina, power, time on the downhill bike…
Putting together a perfect run, or hitting a massive nee feature for the first time. Luckily my brother Dan is always coming up with new challenges for us.
Prepare, prepare, prepare – I’m pretty focused and if my attention should start to slip Coach Alan Milway will soon get me back on track!
Rachel –most of the time !!
To continue to ride at the highest level and work with the younger members of our team to build the Atherton Racing of the future.
The one day kitesurfing course is aimed at complete beginners and a great introduction to the sport. Initially learning the fundamentals and kite control whilst covering safety, site assessments, and kite set ups, then moving into the water for body dragging and self rescue techniques.The course is 90% practical and brilliant fun!!!
Course Duration: 6 hours total.
All included + post course handout pack.
As well as beginner courses we also offer more advanced coaching sessions. Have you ever found that you come back from a session having just cruised up and down without trying out anything new? With an experienced coach by your side to push you and impart their knowledge to aid your progression you will improve quicker than expected! We run both intermediate and advanced coaching days.
Course duration: 3-4 hours