In Thun, central-west Switzerland, one of the most prestigious Silver events of the Free ride Mountain Bike (FMB) competitions is going to take place on May 2015 for the sixth consecutive year.
Five days Backcountry Enduro racing in North America
Crested Butte is a picturesque former coal mining town, now called “the wildflower capital of Colorado,” sitting at an elevation of 8885 ft / 2708 m, in the County of Gunnison. Many believe that Crested Butte the birthplace of “klunkers” and the “crème de la crème” of mountain bike rides. It is probably not coincidental that it is also home to the Mountain Bike Hall of Fame. Whether mountain biking really began in Crested Butte or not, it doesn’t really matter. What matters is that this year you will have the chance to ride some of the most challenging and scenic trails in North America.
Crested Butte Ultra Enduro is a five-day inaugural event in North America. The most challenging race you have ever participated in, blends the biggest descents in the Rockies with ascents that literally take you to the top of the world, overlooking majestic peaks. Most stages will start around at 9000ft / 2743m in elevation while some days climbing will climax above 12500ft / 3810m. You must be an expert level rider and in great physical condition, as you will be challenged with five full days on the bike and big mileage. This is a standalone event that will encompass a heavy pro field and the largest cash payout of any 2014 BME so get ready for it!
Exact course descriptions and maps will be released at the rider’s meeting the evening before racing commences
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: August 19, 2014
– Race Entry for five days
– Donation to trail groups in each community
– Applicable lift ticket and/or shuttles for each day of racing
– Professionally marked courses
– Experienced checkpoint crew
– Fully-stocked stations with Clif Bar product
– Professional medical support on-course
– Post-race lunch and beer
– Continental break each morning
– Finish line community festivals
– Tech/Expo with sponsor support
– Mobile race office with customer service crew
– Professional, state-of-the-art chip timing
– Daily large awards presentations
– Bike wash available daily
– Custom BME schwag package