Hello everyone! My name is Konstantinos Lyketsos and I am a professional skier. I was born in Athens, Greece on October 24th 1982. I have studied Business Administration at Deree College in Athens and when I am not skiing I create websites. I have won the Alpine Ski Hellenic Championship 3 times until the age of 18 in both disciplines Giant Slalom/Slalom and I have been competing in many World Cups for teenagers and the Winter Olympic Games under 18 yr in Poprad, Slovakia. At the age of 20 I started freestyle ski which I haven’t stopped since now.
I compete in FIS Halfpipe ski competitions in world cup level and many other European level events when I have the chance. Besides the competitions my passion is to create ski videos with my friends. When I ski, I live in a different world full of creativity and happy thoughts! The best part in skiing is that you can enjoy the sport with your friends. I would recommend skiing to everyone without second thought!!!
- 1996: Winner 1st place Hellenic Championship Alpine Ski Giant Slalom/Slalom
- 1996: Bambi Cup Serbia 7th place
- 1996: Abetone World Cup competitor Alpine Ski Giant Slalom/Slalom
- 1999: Poprad - Tatry Slovakia Youth Olympic Games Giant Slalom/Slalom/Super G competitor
- 2000: Winner 1st place Hellenic Championship Alpine Ski Slalom
- 2005: 4th place Winner Hellenic Championship Alpine Ski Giant Slalom
- 2007: European Open Freeski Laax Switzerland Halfpipe/Slopestyle competitor
- 2008: European Open Freeski Laax Switzerland Halfpipe/Slopestyle competitor
- 2010: European Open Freeski Laax Switzerland Halfpipe/Slopestyle competitor(halfpipe semi-finals)
- 2011: Europa Cup Halfpipe Saas-Fee Switzerland (knee injury)
- 2013: World Cup test Event Sochi Russia 40th place
- 2013: World Championship Halfpipe Oslo Norway 33rd place
- 2013: North American Cup Halfpipe Copper Colorado USA 31st place
- 2013: World Cup Halfpipe Copper Colorado USA (injury)
- 2014: World Cup Halfpipe Calgary Canada 31st place
- 2014: World Cup Halfpipe Breckenridge Colorado USA 34th place
- 2014: North-American Cup Halfpipe Copper Mt. Colorado USA
- 2014: World Cup Halfpipe Calgary Olympic Park Canada
- 2014: European Open Freeski Halfpipe/Slopestyle Laax Switzerland
- 2014: Member of the Hellenic Freeski Team
Every year I’m trying to become better on my sport and be as competitive as I can against the other riders. A big accomplishment for me is to be able to land perfect all my tricks in my halfpipe run. In the long run I’m trying to accomplish personal satisfaction and lots of good memories in what I do.
My greatest achievement will be to be able to pass all the ski knowledge I have to the new generations through coaching.
For countries like Greece that has no real snowparks and halfpipes to train, the only way to become a freestyle ski competitor is to spend a lot of money in ski trips around Europe and the US for proper training. If we had the facilities in our country I believe that the level of the Greek riders would be the same as the European ones.
The atmosphere around the competition. The speaker saying your name. All competitors know each other and the environment is super friendly. In some comps music is the key factor for better performances. The crowd at the bottom watching you perform. I think it is a great feeling.
During training I have to be focused in what I have to accomplish that day. If I want to learn a new trick I will focus only on that trick instead of just skiing around the park. I will find the right jump of wall in the halfpipe and try my new trick all day. Repetition is key to success.
Hahahaha…I really don’t know.
For the next 4 years I will be training and competing in halfpipe comps mostly and the final goal is the Winter Olympic Games in South Korea 2018. There is also the coaching part of the sport that fascinates me and I have plans to get some certification on that.
One of the most beautiful rivers in Greece for Rafting is Arachthos !
Start: Bridge Politsas – Bridge Tzari, Class: III degree of difficulty, Duration: 4 hours (25km)
Easy route for Rafting ideal for beginners. In the middle of the way we stop for a swim in the waterfall Klifki before continuing the Rafting. We start the Rafting in Arachthos impressive with many springs, waterfalls , coming out of the canyon Arahthos we pass the bridge of Plaka, the largest arch bridge in Greece and we continue at Bridge Tzari ideal for high water level with huge waves!
Meeting point Ioannina -Bridge Plaka
Included: Transfer with mini-bus, Rafting boats, uniforms , shoes neoprene, helmets Rafting -life-jackets, paddles, waterproof gloves and neoprene Rafting (in winter periods), dressing rooms, photos on CD, GoPro video camera for extreme sports (Bring USB 8GB with you).
Specific weather conditions create ideal routes for Rafting and kayaking all seasons.
“The Experience of a lifetime”
Trying a tandem jump is the easiest way to feel the adrenaline thrill of skydiving. After a thorough ground preparation you will be ready to just…take off!
With the help of our expert instructors, you will jump out of a plane from 8.000 ft. Come and enjoy an incredible freefall over the beautiful mountains and seas of Greece.
It is for sure to be one of the most exciting and memorable experiences of your life. You’ll definitely want to have your skydive filmed, so make sure you ask for photos and video when you book your tandem.
After your jump, you will be able to share your experience with family and friends back home!
If you are looking for the ultimate heart-pounding thrill ride, you need to book this amazing experience!
- 15 minutes of scenic flight with our 18-seated plane
- 1 min of freefall reaching speeds up to 220km/h
- 5-6 mins of smooth parachute flight
- No experience required
- All equipment provided, just bring comfortable clothing and sneakers.
- No age limit, everybody is welcome! Certain restrictions apply.
- The whole experience takes about 2 hrs to complete
- Want to bring a support crew? Our viewing area is perfectly positioned so your family and friends can watch you land!