Hello everyone! My name is Konstantinos Lyketsos and I am a professional skier. I was born in Athens, Greece on October 24th 1982. I have studied Business Administration at Deree College in Athens and when I am not skiing I create websites. I have won the Alpine Ski Hellenic Championship 3 times until the age of 18 in both disciplines Giant Slalom/Slalom and I have been competing in many World Cups for teenagers and the Winter Olympic Games under 18 yr in Poprad, Slovakia. At the age of 20 I started freestyle ski which I haven’t stopped since now.
I compete in FIS Halfpipe ski competitions in world cup level and many other European level events when I have the chance. Besides the competitions my passion is to create ski videos with my friends. When I ski, I live in a different world full of creativity and happy thoughts! The best part in skiing is that you can enjoy the sport with your friends. I would recommend skiing to everyone without second thought!!!
- 1996: Winner 1st place Hellenic Championship Alpine Ski Giant Slalom/Slalom
- 1996: Bambi Cup Serbia 7th place
- 1996: Abetone World Cup competitor Alpine Ski Giant Slalom/Slalom
- 1999: Poprad - Tatry Slovakia Youth Olympic Games Giant Slalom/Slalom/Super G competitor
- 2000: Winner 1st place Hellenic Championship Alpine Ski Slalom
- 2005: 4th place Winner Hellenic Championship Alpine Ski Giant Slalom
- 2007: European Open Freeski Laax Switzerland Halfpipe/Slopestyle competitor
- 2008: European Open Freeski Laax Switzerland Halfpipe/Slopestyle competitor
- 2010: European Open Freeski Laax Switzerland Halfpipe/Slopestyle competitor(halfpipe semi-finals)
- 2011: Europa Cup Halfpipe Saas-Fee Switzerland (knee injury)
- 2013: World Cup test Event Sochi Russia 40th place
- 2013: World Championship Halfpipe Oslo Norway 33rd place
- 2013: North American Cup Halfpipe Copper Colorado USA 31st place
- 2013: World Cup Halfpipe Copper Colorado USA (injury)
- 2014: World Cup Halfpipe Calgary Canada 31st place
- 2014: World Cup Halfpipe Breckenridge Colorado USA 34th place
- 2014: North-American Cup Halfpipe Copper Mt. Colorado USA
- 2014: World Cup Halfpipe Calgary Olympic Park Canada
- 2014: European Open Freeski Halfpipe/Slopestyle Laax Switzerland
- 2014: Member of the Hellenic Freeski Team
Every year I’m trying to become better on my sport and be as competitive as I can against the other riders. A big accomplishment for me is to be able to land perfect all my tricks in my halfpipe run. In the long run I’m trying to accomplish personal satisfaction and lots of good memories in what I do.
My greatest achievement will be to be able to pass all the ski knowledge I have to the new generations through coaching.
For countries like Greece that has no real snowparks and halfpipes to train, the only way to become a freestyle ski competitor is to spend a lot of money in ski trips around Europe and the US for proper training. If we had the facilities in our country I believe that the level of the Greek riders would be the same as the European ones.
The atmosphere around the competition. The speaker saying your name. All competitors know each other and the environment is super friendly. In some comps music is the key factor for better performances. The crowd at the bottom watching you perform. I think it is a great feeling.
During training I have to be focused in what I have to accomplish that day. If I want to learn a new trick I will focus only on that trick instead of just skiing around the park. I will find the right jump of wall in the halfpipe and try my new trick all day. Repetition is key to success.
Hahahaha…I really don’t know.
For the next 4 years I will be training and competing in halfpipe comps mostly and the final goal is the Winter Olympic Games in South Korea 2018. There is also the coaching part of the sport that fascinates me and I have plans to get some certification on that.
GET HOOKED!!! (Complete Beginners Course)
It takes you from absolute beginner to a self – sufficient rider.
9 hrs lesson of learning in 3-4 days. No experience needed for this course.
Group lesson price €320
Private lesson price €450
Iplemetation Period: All year round (upon request)
Trail distance: 5-6 nautical miles
Route type: Bidirectional
Activity duration with breaks: 4-5 hours
Suitability: Suitable for all / No previous experience required
Meeting Ponit: Methoni Beach
Participants should have with them:
- Bottle of water
- Sun cream (during summer months)
- Extra pair of shoes that will get wet. Suitable shoes are lightweight trainers, flip flops, sandals or sea shoes. Avoid bulky shoes
The price ncludes:
- Full Sea Kayak equipment: boat, paddle, life jacket, spray-skirt, waterproof jacket
- Extra equipment: waterproof bags and cases, pumps and paddle-float
- Snorkeling equipment (goggles and respirators)
- BCU trained and certified guides
- Sea Kayak course
- Tour planning – Sightseeing
- Picnic with fruits and Traditional delicacies
- Transfer from the exit point to entry point (if necessary)
- Photographs from the activity
- Liability insurance
- All taxes
Explore Messinia reserves the right to modify or cancel any outdoor activity due to bad weather or technical difficulties. There is a minimum number of 4 participants required for the implementation of this outdoor activity. Explore Messinia reserves the right to postpone or cancel the activity in case of non completion of the required number of participants.