Hi guys , my name is Federico Infantino, I started with windsurfing when I was 8 years old in Bordighera ( Italy ), after a good start and with the help of my coach Paolo Ghione I started to compete on the Italian team on the Aloha Class with good results. But after few years something was missing , I needed more adrenaline!
In the 2006 I changed everything, I left the Olympic Class for a more extreme sport : Wave Riding! I started riding unknown waves around the world like in the Canary Islands, South Africa, Hawaii, Australia to improve my skills. I started competing for the Italian title and I passed the PWA World Tour selections during a training in 2011 in Tenerife.
After a couple of World Tour competitions I started 2012 with an amazing result: 1° place in the International contest :Fuerte Wave Classic!
Now I follow the Australian Windsurfing Tour, American Windsurfing Tour and The World Tour.
- 2002: 2° Italian Ranking Aloha
- 2003: 2° Italian ranking aloha
- 2004: 3° Italian Championship Aloha
- 2010: 9° Freestyle San teodoro
- 2011: 17° S.E. PWA World Tour Tenerife
- 2011: 25° American Windsurfing Tour Maui
- 2012: 1° international Contest Furte Wave Classic
- 2012: 33° PWA World Tour Tenerife
- 2014: 5° Australian Championship Margaret River Pro
Simply my Dream: Surfing “over the top” in the best places in the world like Hawaii, Australia, South Africa and always with a smile.
At the moment the Australian Passport, followed by all the American Windsurfing Tours and the World Tour.
The difficulties of my sport are the conditions of wind and waves, especially in Italy, where we don’t have the exact conditions for a satisfying training. I had to travel to Canary Islands, Hawaii, Australia, South Africa to find favorable waves and wind but it was very expensive, especially for the extra baggage.
The freedom that the windsurfing conveys is unbelievable, you are alone with the ocean, you can fly (Jumping) with the waves and surf with dolphins, seals and whales. These are just few of the amazing moments of my sport.
I live in Italy at Bordighera (West Coast) and the conditions for windsurfing are not very good but we have one of the most radical shore breaks of Europe, training with those conditions helped me during the contest with the perfect waves.My training depends on the spot and the conditions, the best thing is going out at sea and staying as much as possible in the water with your windsurf.
All the spots in the world are different: Canary Islands are good for jumping, Hawaii is good for surfing ….. For sure, athletic preparation and swimming are important as well.
Competing can be tricky and during a competition I’m nervous about not fulfill demonstrating myself what I really can do.
I think my girlfriend Elisa, she follows me everywhere with her camera and I’m sure that she will always stay near me, no matter of my result … sure also my parents and friends like laia, she is for sure one of my biggest fans as well with a lot of longs & nice messages (she has corrected the grammar of this ITW, Thanks Iaia)
The first one is still: Have FUN!
The second one from my Olympic coach Paolo Ghione: “Remember Fede , if you’ll continue going in the water in our place, with all our crazy conditions, you can surf everywhere in the world without a lot of problems“.
And he is right!
My future plan is to relocate in Australia, I already spent 1 year there and now I would like to go back and try to accomplish the Australian passport and live there… that would be amazing to improve my windsurf and surf skills.
My training depends on the spot and the conditions , the best thing is going out at sea and stay as much as possible in the water with your windsurf. All the spots in the world are different : Canary Islands are good for jumping , Hawaii is good for surfing ….. For sure, athletic preparation and swimming are important as well.
The key of my success ? probably a good coach , good friends in the water and a good motivation!
BASE: Full immersion, 3 hours in the morning and 3 in the afternoon. For those who do not have canoe experience or do not know the fundamental maneuvers. The course teaches the fundamentals in flat water. It includes the necessary notions of security.
BASE 2 days.3 hours a day. For those who do not have canoe experience or do not know the fundamental maneuvers. The course teaches the fundamentals in flat water. It includes the necessary notions of security.
Location: Pescara River & Aventino River, Abruzzo region or where requested.
For participation in the courses the following conditions are required:
– Increased age
– Medical Certificate for sports activities such as rafting and
similar (to be submitted at the beginning of the course)
– No Photo – C.V. sports (to be submitted at the beginning of the course)
– Current employment status
– Identity card, Tax Code (to be submitted at the beginning of the course)
The reservation is required to jump, if you don’t book you won’t be able to jump (the organization of jumping doesn’t include jumps not booked). Please check the calendar to choose a jump date.
Some information for the jump:
-Reservations, with payment, end up on Friday morning at 12.00 pm before the date of jump. We’ll not accept further bookings.
-A prepayment of all price of jump (€100 per person) is necessary by Paypal or swift bank. Normally about 7 days before the date.
-When we’ll confirm the reservation we’ll indicate the time of check-in. The time of check in is obligatory and you must to be at the reception or you can’t jump.
–Limit weight: min 45 kg max 120 kg (remember we’ll weight you the day of jump). Minors can jump with parent’s authorization (that we’ll send you by mail confirmation).
– When you’ll arrive at the reception you’ll start the registration and after that you can go to jump.
-We do only single jumps and not tandem jumps (about back flip jumps, you could ask our jumps manager the day of the jump).
-Video shooting costs €20 (dvd) and €30 (sd card), those are 2 different type of video that you can choose directly at our reception, the day of the jump.
-Usually the activity lasts about 1.5/2 hours from check in time.
–Group Special Fares: For minimum 7 jumpers group we allow 1 jump free (instead of € 700 the group pays just € 600). The offer is valid also for multiples of 7 people. We don’t have special military discounts.
Sales & Terms conditions:
- RAIN or SHINE! We are open in all weather conditions
- If you cancel your reservation after 12:00 a.m. of Thursday before the date of your jump or if you don’t come at the Reception or if you decide not to jump the day reserved, the total amount paid will be lost.
- If you cancel your reservation up to 7 days before the date of your jump, we’ll refund a 30% of total amount paid.
- If you cancel your reservation up 15 days before the the date of your jump, we’ll refund a 50% of total amount paid.
- If you cancel your reservation more than 15 days before the the date of your jump, we’ll refund the total amount paid.
- Handling charges necessary for the repayment will be deducted from the amount to repay.
4. Change of date for jump
- You can change your date for jump until 15 days before the date reserved, otherwise we’ll apply the rules of cancellations.
5. Cancellation date of opening
- Calendar could change. Bungee.it will communicate the changes and will offer a new date for jump.
- Dates marked in yellow in our online Calendar will be definitively confirmed only if there is a minimum of 10 jumps booked.
- In case of cancellation of scheduled jump dates, BUNGEE.IT will refund the entire amount (except for services already provided) or well offer a new date for jump.