Cyprus Kitesurfing and SUP school KiteMed was first founded in 2003. In the very early stages of kitesurfing in Cyprus, we realized that the area near Kiti, Softades village close to Larnaca has the perfect spots for kitesurfing. The area offers all the space you need as a beginner to learn the fast rising extreme sport of Kitesurfing, all the shore break waves and constant winds until sundown you need as an advanced rider. KiteMed complies with the IKO (International Kiteboarding Organization) standards and provides the quality set by the IKO as our Instructors are IKO qualified. The school is only 15 min drive from Larnaca, 40 min drive from Nicosia and Limassol, and 60 min drive from Ayia Napa and Protaras, making it ideal for anyone living or visiting Cyprus. Our goal is to promote safety and our programs are designed for all riders, beginners to advanced. We can help you choose the best Kitesurfing Course and/or Kitesurfing Gear that suit your level and goals…
Time required 3 hours, One Day
Entry Level: No experience Needed, Just Be able to swim!
The best way to discover kitesurfing! By the end you will be ready to move to the next step: getting up on the board! The first part of this program takes you through the steps of piloting a 4 line kite, on land and in the water. You also learn about safety and how important it is to the sport. Furthermore, you will be taken through the steps of equipment set up, launching and landing.
- Carry and set up the lines and kite.
- Fly a small kite on the wind window edge and maintain it close to the ground know how to stop the kite power in case of a problem
- Determine the wind direction, upwind and downwind
- Be aware that the kite leash must be worn at all times, before kite launching and until landing
- Be aware of the area where the kite can fall downwind to the pilot
- Recover the kite on land
- Position the kite on request from 9 to 3 o'clock on the wind window edge
- Launch a kite with assistance and choose the right angle in to the wind
- Fly the kite in the power area without crashing it
- Twist and untwist the lines while the kite flies
- Recover the kite and secure it on land
- Land a kite with the help of an assistant
- Fly a kite hooked to the harness
- Pilot hooked to the harness with one hand
- Activate the harness release system or quick release located on the leader line
- Perfom a down wind course by body dragging and using the power of the kite
- Relaunch a kite from the water
- Wind the lines in the water and recover the kite
- Perform a self-rescue in deep water
- Launch a kite alone on land Identify potential wind obstacles creating lift or down draft and be able to define the wind direction. Understand that the practice with onshore wind is dangerous
Time required 3 hours
Entry Level: Kite boarder level 2 or equivalent skill level
You will be able to ride upwind and do your first jump! During this course, you learn how to manage your practice area and choose your equipment. Your kite flying skills will improve and you will learn how to control your power and direction, and come back to your starting point. You will be able to fly more powerful kites. You will use a twin tip, mutant or smaller directional board.
- Know the right of way rules
- Ride away from the shore and come back to the shore
- Edge on the heel and toe side to change the course
- Accelerate by edging down and moving the kite
- Stop by edging
- Be able to keep an edge
- Ride away from the shore and come back at starting point. Ride upwind
- Constantly ride upwind
- Recover the board without the leash by body dragging upwind
- Ride a twin tip board. Optional if it has been done before
- Switch of direction
Time required 6 hours, 2 Days
Entry Level: Kiteboarder level one or equivalent
By the end of the intermediate course, you will practice getting up on the board for your first ride. During the program, you will improve one hand kite piloting, kite piloting with power, body dragging unhooked in to your harness.
- Define the practice area is safe for practice
- Set up and check the equipment alone (kite, control bar, lines)
- In the water, pilot the kite with power from one side of the wind window to the other, passing by the power area.
- The pilot must be able to perform while piloting the kite at different heights from the water.
- Perform the previous mentioned exercise while piloting wit one hand.
- Know the water start there: board and body position, kite piloting
- Recover the board in deep water and position the feet in the foot-straps, keeping the position while flying the kite
- Stand up on the board and ride while moving the kite up and down
- Set up a 4 line kite alone and check that it is properly done. Obligatory at this point if it hasn't been done before
- Fly a 4 line kite
- Activate the safety systems of a 4 line bar (power loop, leash)
- Adjust a 4 line kite while using the power loop
- Adjust the trim system of a 4 line kite to avoid it to fly backward or to adjust the power
TIME DISTANCE 2 Hrs / 5 Khm
PRIVATE € 90 / GROUP (Per Person, Minimum 3 pers) € 30
- You have taken your courses, purchased your gear and have begun to practice. But practicing at the same overcrowded beach all the time might be getting old and you want to ride for longer distances without distractions so you can progress quicker. Come take an assisted downwinder and leave the crowds and the learning curve behind
- Includes drop off and pickup.
- Add an instructor to coach you during the course €100.
- Add Jetski supervision €100.
- Ask for Filming during the Safari.
- Does Not include gear rental.
INTRODUCTION ON HOW TO FLY A SMALL KITE (1 HOUR)
This is the perfect course for those who want to get a feeling of what kitesurfing is all about and fly a small kite.
This is an introduction to this exciting sport, and it explores the aspects of flying a small trainer kite.
Specially Designed for those who don't have enough time to complete a full course or just want to get a taste of kitesurfing.
TIME 1-2 Hrs / SUP € 15 / SUP YOGA € 15
TIME 3-4 hrs / SUP € 13 / SUP YOGA € 14
TIME 5+hrs / SUP € 10 / SUP YOGA € 12
TIME 1 DAY / SUP € 40
TIME 30 min Instruction / SUP € 15